2022 Tundra stole some lighting cues from the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my '19 Raptor, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for "real" Toyota vehicles. I love my LX570 that my wife drives. Had since new in 2013 and it has 100k miles and zero issues. Literally drives the same as when I bought it. No squeaks, rattles, anything.

Not saying Tundra is built the same as the Land Cruiser/LX, but I like how "blue blooded" the Tundra has been with it's beefy 5.7L v8 and decent reliability/build quality. Anyway, this 2022 looks pretty damn sweet. First teaser picture:

2022-Toyota-Tundra-teaser-image.jpg

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came to my Raptor from a V8 4Runner, and my wife's DD is a Lexus GX470. I'm all about Toyotas, but they haven't been exciting in power or technology for many years. Hoping the new Tundra can turn that around. If Toyota made a 450+hp Tundra with a Lexus grade interior and tech package, they couldn't take my money fast enough.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until they upgrade the cabin materials I won't go back to a Tundra. Even the 1794 and Platinum were underwhelming. I find Toyota infotainment technology to be cumbersome and overly redundant coming from an LX570. The germans do it much better, and even Ford imo. My Raptor felt light years ahead of my Tundra's. Hopefully Toyota can close the gap.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would annoy me that owners and other manufacturers keep adding the amber grill lights, but I'm reminded that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I'm not usually like this, but when I see one of those fake Raptor grills with the amber lights in a regular F150 or Tacoma, I just make eye contact so they know I realize they're full of shit.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So guys, is everyone aware they are redesigning the Tundra for 2022? You are all absolutely correct that the Tundra lacks in tech, power, and other modern features. So this is Toyota's chance to change that. I have no idea what they have planned. But it doesn't make sense to criticize the new unreleased 2022 Tundra based on the previous generation.