What’s the big deal with tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI there are some products out there that do not sling onto the paint. Chemical Guys V07 and Optimum Tire Gel are two, they bond with the tire and stay on through rain and washings. They need to sit for a little bit to dry. I started using Optimum a few weeks back, I dilute it 1:1 with water and use a hand pump garden sprayer to apply it, then a soft cloth to buff and even it out. Lots of little crevices in these tires, so misting it on helps. It's not greasy, either.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This process may be worth it, if it last’s through some rains and washings. There’s a ton of detail to these tires and sponging it on is time consuming. I just don’t like getting the wheels coated, as then it acts like a brake dust magnet.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wash my tires on my vehicles.
Occasionally will use a dressing on them.
Nothing wrong with having the new tire look and can’t see that making you a poser.
They get dirty when used and they get cleaned up.
I also wipe my ass after using.

Why bother? You're just going to get it dirty again as soon as you use it!

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This process may be worth it, if it last’s through some rains and washings. There’s a ton of detail to these tires and sponging it on is time consuming. I just don’t like getting the wheels coated, as then it acts like a brake dust magnet.

Get a hand held pump sprayer from Lowes or Amazon. The one I got from Lowes does a good job but I'd like one that mists a little finer.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i'm gonna start using tire shine on my truck just to **** people off.

Does anyone sell it by the gallon bucket? 40s are thirsty. :)