Advice on How to Proceed QUE THE BUYBACK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Haha, man that would be frustrating! So did you tell the wife she was right all along or did you keep it to yourself when you finally replicated it?
Yes, I had to come clean. I explained that the reason why Lucille hated her was that she was constantly sliding off the seat to get out of the truck instead of using the grab handle.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vibration at highway speeds to due to tires. Ask dealer to perform road force balance. Should get results in the low teens. Anything over 20-30 psi is bad tires. As far as buy back. If you’re located in California I can refer you to an attorney I used for Lemon Law. They were amazing and had the case settled for max amount and under 3 months.

It’s definitely not the tires, that’s where I started. I’ve rotated them which makes zero difference with the location or intensity of the vibration. Also, when I am hearing/feeling it and switch from 2H to 4A, it reduces about 90%. Then when I switch back to 2H it’s worse than before for a period of time.

My theory is the vibration changes as the rpm’s of the front driveshaft, diff, and CVs spin in 2H vs 4A. It has to be one of those components.

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try Santa Margarita Ford. Miguel is the service manager I dealt with and the GM Jimmy is a good dude. They were the ones who tore into my engine to determine I needed a new long block after Capistrano ford replaced my cam phasers and didnt torque a timing chain guide bolt so it came loose and got obliterated sending metal through my entire engine. Anything dealer needed on my truck I take it there and they take care of me.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would try Santa Margarita Ford. Miguel is the service manager I dealt with and the GM Jimmy is a good dude. They were the ones who tore into my engine to determine I needed a new long block after Capistrano ford replaced my cam phasers and didnt torque a timing chain guide bolt so it came loose and got obliterated sending metal through my entire engine. Anything dealer needed on my truck I take it there and they take care of me.

Ok thanks, I know they always have a lot of Raptors on the lot so they’re probably more familiar than some dealers that just don’t get/order many.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trade it for Raptor R :hidesbehindsofa:

I’ve definitely considered it, especially with all these guys on here getting them for msrp or 5k over. Smh.

Seriously though, if someone wanted to sell me one at a reasonable price I think I probably would. I called around this past weekend and all CA dealers are still +30-40, and out of state was +20-30. Just not worth it IMO.

Reaction score
I have #1 on my 23 35 truck. Had the OEM 35’s before switching to a set of 37 take offs. Has been there since I bought it but the dealer try's to tell me it could be my RPG collars and wont diagnose further, they also say they dont have another Raptor on the lot to compare the vibration with. Mine is so bad it puts my foot to sleep on long drives. Subd for a solution.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have #1 on my 23 35 truck. Had the OEM 35’s before switching to a set of 37 take offs. Has been there since I bought it but the dealer try's to tell me it could be my RPG collars and wont diagnose further, they also say they dont have another Raptor on the lot to compare the vibration with. Mine is so bad it puts my foot to sleep on long drives. Subd for a solution.

What speeds do you notice it and what happens when you switch to 4A?

Reaction score
What speeds do you notice it and what happens when you switch to 4A?
I can usually start feeling it enough to care at 55, by 70 it is super noticeable and anything over that almost feels unsafe. No change switching to 4A. First dealer I had brought it to told me they cant drive over 65 MPH to verify it. I think it has slowly gotten more pronounced or maybe I am just able to notice it more easily now. Truck is at 17k miles.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can usually start feeling it enough to care at 55, by 70 it is super noticeable and anything over that almost feels unsafe. No change switching to 4A. First dealer I had brought it to told me they cant drive over 65 MPH to verify it. I think it has slowly gotten more pronounced or maybe I am just able to notice it more easily now. Truck is at 17k miles.

No change when you swapped and rebalanced the tires?