What’s the big deal with tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently tried Carpro Perl...leaves the tire satin/matte black, no.shine at all. Water based and stops the tires from browning. Lasts for about 2 weeks unless lots of rain. Loving it so far. Havent put on my Raptor yet but use on my 2020 Explorer ST and love it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last about 2 weeks? That's not very long. I use Blackfire BF-850 which lasts over 6 months.

6 months? That sounds interesting. Goes on heavy or easy to spread and not overly thick? What’s the finish like when applied and dry? I prefer a dark even look but not overly done oily glossy.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wash and wax mine and put tire shine on it. It looks amazing when I'm done. If someone else wants to wash their truck differently then go for it. I just can't imagine caring what someone else does with their truck.

This

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only reason I don’t put tire shine on is because it ends up all down the side of the truck, other then that it looks good.

Sounds like you're either putting too much product on or not giving sufficient time to dry.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 months? That sounds interesting. Goes on heavy or easy to spread and not overly thick? What’s the finish like when applied and dry? I prefer a dark even look but not overly done oily glossy.

It's put on with a soft bristle brush to get it in and around the lettering and such, with the excess wiped off for a dry matte black finish with a rag. I suppose if the excess was left on to dry, it would give somewhat of a shine. Multiple applications would give it more shine, but that's not for me. It's does not splatter on the truck in the rain.