What’s the big deal with tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put some on my truck for the first time last week. Owned it over a year and 32k miles. I gotta say, when it was all cleaned up, the tire shine made the truck look pretty badass.

Oh, and this thread title sounds like the title for a Seinfeld episode.

LMAO....Good old Seinfeld..!! And some,not many,but some on the Forum sound like THE SOUP ****... ;)

Andrew72

Reaction score
So I assume this tire care regimen is also performed on the inside tire sidewall as well? Seems kinda dangerous to only do all that on the outside sidewall for safety reasons, then just flat out ignore the inside sidewall.

It looks like you only read about about half but kudos, you almost read a whole paragraph, next week you can graduate to two paragraphs of reading comprehension?

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL, actually the car wash I go to does put a lower gloss tire dressing on, and they use what appears to be a DeVilbiss auto paint gun. Super fine mist like auto paint (nothing like a regular spray bottle), no overspray and it does not sling off. This place will actually accommodate trucks up to a crew cab dually.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
LOL, actually the car wash I go to does put a lower gloss tire dressing on, and they use what appears to be a DeVilbiss auto paint gun. Super fine mist like auto paint (nothing like a regular spray bottle), no overspray and it does not sling off. This place will actually accommodate trucks up to a crew cab dually.

I am now a believer in the tire stuff. On average, I probably wash the truck once every 5-6 weeks to knock off the bird shit and grime. My wife washes her caddy weekly, through a drive though, then sprays the tires herself. I am glad the spray is handy at the house because I probably wouldn't go buy it. It does look good though.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Carpro Perl diluted 50:50. You can spray it on and not have it sling, and it gives a matte finish.

Most are assuming all tire products are the Armor All super shiney crap that slings all over the place. Not true.