GEN 1 How much can I sell my raptor for with all the mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a local Cars & Coffee near you to show it at? Might be the opportunity to meet potential buyers and find out what they think it's worth without telling them it's for sale. That should clarify the value right now.. unfortunately, Nov thru Jan is always the slowest time for auto sales.... and you need a cash buyer.. The Raptor experience is a great thing, hopefully you can get out of this one, straighten out everything and then jump back into Raptor World in the future.

Dr_Chooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a stock 2014 Raptor with 110K miles in very good condition, Kelley Blue Book says:
Trade in of $23,500 - $27,500 and Private Party Sale at $25,300 - $29,700. I have learned this lesson the hard way in the past and if your LUCKY, you will get .50 cents on the dollar for your mods, and likely more like .25 cents on the dollar. The dealer will give you nothing for the accessories.
Your much better off trying to sell it yourself on a forum like this where there are enthusiasts that may pay up for modifications. Good Luck with the sale and I hope things improve for you quickly.
Yeah that's how I figured the asking price for mine when I posted it to the forum classified yesterday. Only asking just over the top private sale estimate on KBB. Mines paid off so I'm in no rush. I'll let it sit on the current site for a while. If no bites I'll just go through Cars and Bids with the low trade-in estimate as a reserve.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Is there a local Cars & Coffee near you to show it at? Might be the opportunity to meet potential buyers and find out what they think it's worth without telling them it's for sale. That should clarify the value right now.. unfortunately, Nov thru Jan is always the slowest time for auto sales.... and you need a cash buyer.. The Raptor experience is a great thing, hopefully you can get out of this one, straighten out everything and then jump back into Raptor World in the future.
Thanks for the tip. I'll see if there are any car meets that I can attend.
Fortunately I can hold on to the truck for some months. I don't want to sell it in a lot of loss. I'm already down 15k probably.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Look at Raptors lately,
Stock, mod under 100k miles $39-45
over 100k $30-40
200k 20-30
Used car % rates are sh*t right now.
Worth every penny at $47k imo.
Usaa 2015 & older 9.999%
Good luck with your sale.
Well this is good news. Made me feel better again.
I can sit on it for months as long as it goes around 45, I'm pretty happy.
but you're right about crazy APRs.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to sell it in a lot of loss. I'm already down 15k probably.
Me too. If I add what my 2011 cost + all the maintenance parts, (not including actual modifications), those dollars would payoff my mortgage today. I can live without a Raptor; (I know this because I did before 2022). But I cannot live without a home. These days I try not to repeat dumb financial decisions. With a little luck that mortgage gets paid off by end of '24, then I've got no debt at all, a sweet Raptor + a daily driver, and a 24/7 grin.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not following. You bought the truck with all those mods? If that’s the case why would you feel you’re entitled to benefit from the previous owners expense? If you owe 30 and can get more than that seems like a win. What am I missing?

Either way I think 40 would be a quick sale here if you can prove nothing major is up with it. Also, a new buyer can get a loan wherever they want, pay your bank and you do a Bill of Sale. They’ll have to wait for the title to be released which can be a pain in the ass but bank to bank should be fine.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Me too. If I add what my 2011 cost + all the maintenance parts, (not including actual modifications), those dollars would payoff my mortgage today. I can live without a Raptor; (I know this because I did before 2022). But I cannot live without a home. These days I try not to repeat dumb financial decisions. With a little luck that mortgage gets paid off by end of '24, then I've got no debt at all, a sweet Raptor + a daily driver, and a 24/7 grin.
Yeah I feel you. I made this purchase after my dad died which was a very emotional buy. I honestly took it off road only once and that was on the way back from the dealer in Utah.
Need to get my sh** together and buy a house first before spending all over the place.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
I’m not following. You bought the truck with all those mods? If that’s the case why would you feel you’re entitled to benefit from the previous owners expense? If you owe 30 and can get more than that seems like a win. What am I missing?

Either way I think 40 would be a quick sale here if you can prove nothing major is up with it. Also, a new buyer can get a loan wherever they want, pay your bank and you do a Bill of Sale. They’ll have to wait for the title to be released which can be a pain in the ass but bank to bank should be fine.
I bought the truck with the mods 43k before tax but I ended up spending about 15k for multiple costs the truck had in this two years of ownership (only 5k miles). So I'm in a huge loss right now and not trying to make any profit at anyone's expense.
Just trying to minimize my loss as much as it is feasible in the current market.
Hopefully someone can take it off my hand and enjoy it for what it is.