GEN 1 How much can I sell my raptor for with all the mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mehryar

Reaction score
Hello all,

Unfortunately I need to sell my Raptor due to financial reasons although I do love it. I am not using the truck as I should so hopefully someone can use it for what it is built for.
I need some guidance over how much I can sell my truck for and I appreciate your feedback.

I'm in northern California. The truck is heavily modified with a list of mods below. I'm the 3rd owner but have only driven the truck around 5k miles in the past two years. It's at 110k miles now with everything mechanical working like a clock.
The frame is also very clean for a 2014 with very little rust.

I bought the truck with the tailgate delete mod so I bought an aftermarket tailgate although it's missing the lock which I don't think is a big deal.

The list of mods done on the truck are below with their MSRP to the best of my knowledge:

King 3.0 front - 3,340
Fox 4.0 5tube bypass rear - 4,560
SVC bump stop kit (fox) - 2,167
Deaver rear springs - 1,630
SVC front Smurf bumper - 1,850
SVC Baja V3 rear bumper - 1,600
Mag-Hytec rear differential cover - 310
+2 inch fenders - 700
SVC off-road V1 bypass rack - 2,080
6x Ironman 37-12.5r17 - 6x260
6x Method 309 17 inch - 6x310
Magnaflow muffler
Aftermarket transmission oil cooler

I believe there's about 25k worth of mods on the truck plus the labor.

Now my question is, what is a reasonable price for this truck in its current condition?
I still have 30k$ of loan left so I have to either sell it as it's to a dealer or find a person that is willing to take over the loan.
Am I screwed?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long story here.
IMG_20231027_223157_840.jpgIMG_20231027_223053_763.jpgIMG_20231027_223053_764.jpgIMG_20231027_223130_763.jpgIMG_20231027_223130_258.jpg

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you what someone will be willing to pay, but it looks like an opportunity for a good deal for someone who knows what you have, and who will use it for how you have it set up.

Probably not much help, but you have a nice looking truck from the pics! GLWS!

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another avenue: piece it out? Those parts are expensive and you’ll never get the labor paid. Perhaps piece it out if you have the stock parts, reinstall and sell? Or even keep depending on financial situation.

Sorry about the hard times but they pass as well. Gorgeous rig and GLWS or whatever direction you go.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
I can't tell you what someone will be willing to pay, but it looks like an opportunity for a good deal for someone who knows what you have, and who will use it for how you have it set up.

Probably not much help, but you have a nice looking truck from the pics! GLWS!
Thank you for the reply and for the kind words.
Let's see how it goes.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
If you can afford to possibly hold on to it for a little while I would definitely do a private sale. Looks like a great truck to me. I'm not sure how much you paid but I would list it for that. You could always just drop the price if you aren't getting any bites.
Yeah I'm thinking a private sale would be the best option. I can hold on to it for a few months until the right person arrives.
I hate for a dealer to take advantage of my situation.
Hopefully I can find someone willing to take over the rest of the loan.

OP
OP
Mehryar

Mehryar

Reaction score
Another avenue: piece it out? Those parts are expensive and you’ll never get the labor paid. Perhaps piece it out if you have the stock parts, reinstall and sell? Or even keep depending on financial situation.

Sorry about the hard times but they pass as well. Gorgeous rig and GLWS or whatever direction you go.
I bought the truck fully built with non of the stock components. The rear is also long travel so there are giant holes in the bed if I remove the shocks
Gotta have to sell it as is.
I think 47k would be a fair price for what the truck is. Is it too much for a Gen 1 you think?

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a stock 2014 Raptor with 110K miles in very good condition, Kelley Blue Book says:
Trade in of $23,500 - $27,500 and Private Party Sale at $25,300 - $29,700. I have learned this lesson the hard way in the past and if your LUCKY, you will get .50 cents on the dollar for your mods, and likely more like .25 cents on the dollar. The dealer will give you nothing for the accessories.
Your much better off trying to sell it yourself on a forum like this where there are enthusiasts that may pay up for modifications. Good Luck with the sale and I hope things improve for you quickly.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the truck fully built with non of the stock components. The rear is also long travel so there are giant holes in the bed if I remove the shocks
Gotta have to sell it as is.
I think 47k would be a fair price for what the truck is. Is it too much for a Gen 1 you think?
Dont think $47k is crazy,but from what im seeing...the SuperCabs are bringing better prices..and although the mods are great,makes it harder to sell sometimes..got to find the perfect person..and of course you never make $ on your mods....just saw one on BAT guy had over $50k into lights!! Think it was a $200k build that didnt come close...
Anyway...id suggest searching sold 2014's
on B.A.T. will give a view of matket...and pretty sure its only $99 to list....and you can put a reserve on it..
Good luck...nice looking Raptor

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a stock 2014 Raptor with 110K miles in very good condition, Kelley Blue Book says:
Trade in of $23,500 - $27,500 and Private Party Sale at $25,300 - $29,700. I have learned this lesson the hard way in the past and if your LUCKY, you will get .50 cents on the dollar for your mods, and likely more like .25 cents on the dollar. The dealer will give you nothing for the accessories.
Your much better off trying to sell it yourself on a forum like this where there are enthusiasts that may pay up for modifications. Good Luck with the sale and I hope things improve for you quickly.
Exactly and well put....mods never get you much...and biggest problem now might be economy and $6 gas...not many buying for cool daily drivers now like i did when i bought my 2014..Hard to predict value,but should bring at least $40 IMHO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter