Ok what’s next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stanstyle

Reaction score
Only owning for a week now I don’t have a lot of mods or upgrades. The truck was stock Monday and this week I have installed Eibach prolift springs, wheels and had the windows tinted.

That’s what I ask you “what’s next?” If you had it to do over knowing what you know now what would you have upgraded or modded 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc…. It could be something little that made a big difference or big that didn’t make a difference.

I would just like to hear from the ones who have been there and done that. Over the years I have learned the hard way in so many cars that I have built. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Go…….

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Nex nailed it.

Mods without a plan is “derp”. You don’t need any lift unless you’re trying to cram 37’s in there and I’m not convinced lift helps the truck as speed increases. Now, if your off roading escapades will be largely mud and you need more clearance and monster mudders... maybe.

Intercooler is a great idea, stock location is less of a change than FMIC.

SO...
Stereo sucks, that’s worth an upgrade.
Horn is WEAK. you can go with electric direct drive trumpets @ just under 120db or go BIG with a train horn at 150+db. I did the former, no regrets but will likely get a train horn at some point.

Traction bars or KHC torque arm. big improvement getting power to the ground.

Keep it yours. the ’15-’21 F series is criminally easy to get into. pull handle, twist key tumbler, pull door. If you have strong hands, you might be able to do it without tools, but most carry a multitool for getting into an F series. You can either remove the cylinder for the key or shield it; add jimi jammers, etc. Get an aftermarket alarm. Sync is comically easy to disable.

OP
OP
Stanstyle

Stanstyle

Reaction score
What are your goals for the truck? This needs to be answered before moving past window tint.
Aftermarket tune and interCoole

I should have definitely included the details, that’s my fault.

For my OP I was meaning in general as in get in your truck and drive it to work everyday for example the gt500 had a ****** 2 piece driveshaft, cheap rear LCA’s, ****** shifter etc.
I will use the truck as a daily mostly but still have plenty of off-road time. No mud or rock crawling. Mostly Arizona, Utah, New Mexico type overland and drop zones.

Is there a recommend tuner company for these? I’m guessing they are mostly all remote using the x4 tuner or am I way off?

Sorry, see I’m just use to getting tunes once I have added exhaust, CAI, pulleys, injectors etc…

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Still doesn't answer the question. So I will take it as a daily driver with lite off roading.

@GooseTuned is king on these trucks. Even without mods.

Save your money on a CAI. Just need a factory filter and you are set until you upgrade the twins. E85 if available in your area.

Are you staying with 35s or are you thinking 37s?

Aftermarket bump stops. Either RPG, Camburg or SVC with Fox or King bumps.

Shocks need to be rebuilt around 50k miles.

Headlights are a joke. Recommend fog lights.

After that, you start going down a few different rabbit holes. I would spend some time looking at other's build threads for ideas and direction.

Ask questions of other's. Put gas in her and keep her dirty. Most of all, have fυςking fun.