Warranty with icon leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue, mine is going in tomorrow where I had them installed. After reading this it looks like there's no fix. It bothers me to the point of going back to stock or maybe trying Deaver Leafs. Anyone ever get this resolved?
I've tried Fluid Film and washing. My c clamps were loose and tightened them down. This noise is really getting annoying.

The clunk noise cannot be solved without possibly adding some rubber between the eye leafs as seen on another thread.

The squeaking can be solved with some actual grease

Wish Icon would’ve mentioned this but of course not

Last edited:

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
The clunk noise cannot be solved without possibly adding some rubber between the eye leafs as seen on another thread.

The squeaking can be solved with some actual grease

Wish Icon would’ve mentioned this but of course not
Thanks for the quick reply. You buy chance have a link for the other thread. Like to read up on it some more before I throw my money away.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone checked the torque on the center pins? May not solve anything, but just throwing it out there
The Ubolts where they attach to the axle? I havent only because it wasnt suggested by Icon or anyone else. Most people are diagnosing the noise as in the far back at the eye for the clunk

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ubolts where they attach to the axle? I havent only because it wasnt suggested by Icon or anyone else. Most people are diagnosing the noise as in the far back at the eye for the clunk
I was actually referring to the two center pin bolts that hold the leaf pack together. You would more than likely have to remove the leaf pack slightly to hold the bottom pin with vice grips. You might be able to come up from below the spring pad but it would probably be hard.

Just throwing out other options. May not lead to a solution.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
That's where I believe it's coming from. I was under there yesterday specifically looking there. Anything look out of the norm to you guys?

Attachments

• IMG_20211013_175019.jpg
    IMG_20211013_175019.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211013_175043.jpg
    IMG_20211013_175043.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211013_174907.jpg
    IMG_20211013_174907.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 15

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
You can kind of hear it towards the end. My wife was recording and you can hear her voice when it happens but then you can hear it.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can kind of hear it towards the end. My wife was recording and you can hear her voice when it happens but then you can hear it.

oh that noise, yes the dreaded "I drive a 75k truck that sounds like a rust bucket". I had that....the first two leafs springs on the bottom do not have isolator pads, look at them and you will see this and see rust right there. Apply some real grease, not litium type but actual thick dark type