Warranty with icon leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents, personally, it sounds like you guys also have the slip yoke clunk. I just replaced my slip yoke with the current part number and in wet conditions, it clunks horribly. I have Icons on my rig as well. I think the more linear curve of the leaf set up allows the suspension to progress further through its travel. Remember, there is no overload leaf on the pack, full travel. I sugest popping off the driveshaft, greasing the yoke, and throwing it back in. Once you do it a bunch, it becomes second nature with these trucks and aftermarket leafs. Although, I wonder whether guys on deavers get the same thing.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The clunk only started after the icon install. I 100% know that 4wheelparts (only local place) put these things on while still on the lift and tightened down to full torque specs and not resting with weight. Getting up with a buddy this week to loosen all and then re-torque with full load

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does it result in a smoother ride on pavement?

Yes for my setup. I went Deaver +3HD’s and assume Icons opt2 would be similar. I also have Eibachs up front.

While I love the stock ride, it was fairly easy to unsettle the rear with the stock springs and 2” blocks. The rear is much more planted now. Less jolts on rough pavement and a noticeably smoother ride to me on the highway. Reduced wheel spin in 2H was a plus. I typically run with 200lbs in back including a Diamondback cover and don’t like sag when loading up, the reason why I went +3HD.

SeanM

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not smoother, but more stable and fitting of a raptor

I agree, definitely more stable and fitting of a raptor. Like having a well tuned Sport suspension on a higher-end vehicle. I do find highway and rougher terrain is smoother in my case, but there are plenty of roads where it's a push or even a little stiffer feeling than stock. Ford did a great job from the factory tuning this suspension for everyday driving.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I have the same issue, mine is going in tomorrow where I had them installed. After reading this it looks like there's no fix. It bothers me to the point of going back to stock or maybe trying Deaver Leafs. Anyone ever get this resolved?
I've tried Fluid Film and washing. My c clamps were loose and tightened them down. This noise is really getting annoying.