Warranty with icon leafs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I emailed icon about a update to the springs and the sounds I've been hearing. they said they did not update anything with the springs. Was told that my c clamps that hold the leafs may be to tight and that I should get a small wash and place between the c clamp and leafs and that will give you roughly proper gap and after tightening with the washer remove it.
I'm going to try this and see if it helps. They think they are binding against the leaf pack.

Hopefully they are correct

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(ICON Vehicle Dynamics)

Those u clips are supposed to be snugged if you over tighten them it will cause the u clips to squeeze together and come in contact with the leaves. A trick for tightening them down is to stick a thin washer between the u clips and leaves the tightening them down. Once tighten down you will need to remove the washer and that will give you the gap that you need.

That was directly from icon, so I loosened all mine up and tightened till the thread of the bolt was not quite flush with the nut. Find out if that helped at all

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back to the drawing board on the pop/metal slipping sound. Playing with the c clamp did not help me so I emailed Icon back with possibly warrantee replacing both leaf packs since there is definitely something not quite right with them.
Will let everyone know once I hear back from them

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Lawman dont get me wrong these leafs ride super smooth compared to the stock leafs but yeah its definitely a split review since some don't have any sounds besides the creaking that all aftermarkets do and then there's a few of us dealing with more.
Icon will say adjust c-clamps and then if that does not work they want videos of the binding and go from there. It's been a chore trying to find a good spot under where you can zoom into the mounting spots with a camera while trying to get it to make the pop/clunks.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following - I need icons or deavers - 150 lbs regular with tonnea, rack, some everyday carry. And 300 or 500 lbs on trips with tent, recovery gear and water/food etc.

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah basically, I'm going to email them tonight saying no luck which is true and literal.
Read on some different threads that people have had warped leafs. I know my c clamps lean to left but we will see what happens