ICON lvl kit with tires Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
82NDabn

82NDabn

Reaction score
They are definitely backwards. You should get some 22x14's with the widest offset you can find and throw some 35x12.50's on them.
Well first off…. I live in an actual desert and no where near any malls or near you, so I would not want my raptor to not only look like yours, but I would not wanna look like some dudes fu*k boi. It’s actually quite naive of you to think this is my first time owning a 4x4 truck and actually using it for its intended purpose consistently. I would have to drive to Tucson or Phoenix, california, or down by the border to see stupid ******* trucks with your mentioned wheel size. Thanks for the suggestion but…. No thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
82NDabn

82NDabn

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. The search function in the top right is your friend here. This question comes up every few days.

There are better ways to lift the front than a sleeve. RPG collars and mid perch, SDI top hat or springs. All have their plus and minus. We do not know what is acceptable to you so hard to make a solid recommendation.

On my Gen 2, I went with King coilovers and zero offset 17s. I would also recommend replacing the junk factory leafs and go with Deavers. I don't remember off hand, but I believe the +1 is stock height. It will eliminate the factory block.

Do a search for backward running boards. Then you will understand.
Thank you. I do lots of hunting and scouting along with Ranching. I’d like for it to be as stout as I can make it with the most reliable components but not have it look anything like Jake’s mall crawler. My commuter/work truck is my 7.3l F350 and it beats the living hell outta you.. After checking on a few water tanks your beat up pretty good. I’ll do some searching thanks for the input without all the Tom foolery.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Well first off…. I live in an actual desert and no where near any malls or near you, so I would not want my raptor to not only look like yours, but I would not wanna look like some dudes fu*k boi. It’s actually quite naive of you to think this is my first time owning a 4x4 truck and actually using it for its intended purpose consistently. I would have to drive to Tucson or Phoenix, california, or down by the border to see stupid ******* trucks with your mentioned wheel size. Thanks for the suggestion but…. No thanks.
I'm pretty sure he was just bustin' your balls. That happens a lot around here. If that is not something you like to take part in, you probably will not enjoy it here.

OP
OP
82NDabn

82NDabn

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was just bustin' your balls. That happens a lot around here. If that is not something you like to take part in, you probably will not enjoy it here.
Nah I’m good. Had to punch back. I know he was. I had a really cool fella reply to my original thread and mention some things I didn’t consider. So I am greatfull for the hazing. No offense to Jake. And none taken. Just punching back lol

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
17X9 with a level is pretty common. You should be safe, pay close attention to the offset because that will determine how much poke you'll have. Looks like you have a 19-20' with live valves. Make sure you re calibrate your shocks for the new height. It will keep the ride close to factory. Most of the Raptors around here are on 17's and 18's. On occasion you'll see some with 20's and 22's but no more or no less than you see in Texas, Arizona, the Carolina's, Georgia and Florida....even New York. We also don't paint to match our headlights, bumper plastics, mirrors and suspension components. That guy is in Georgia and goes by "Real Deal Neal".

steve f

Reaction score
I used the icon 1.75 collar on my gen 3. Using a hideous speed bump before and after, I did notice it a little stiffer but don’t notice it in daily driving. I certainly wouldn’t call it Shi!!y. I combed these forums before doing mine. You can find every opinion on every option. Not sure if they make the SDI top hats for your year but that seemed the one with the most positive reviews. It was my pick but nobody had them in stock.

jeffkrgutility

Reaction score
Hello!! nice to meet y’all. I’m an owner of a 2019 bone-stock raptor. I’m wanting to just put the icon leveling kit collars on my front shocks with aftermarket wheels and tires. Does anyone have recommendations for semi aggressive tires as well as size on a 17x9 rim? Or is there a better rim size option? I’m wanting to use the 1.75 level option. I just don’t want the ride to turn to $hit just to have it “look” a specific way. I really don’t like how low the factory front end level is.
I have a Icon leveling kit I will give you if you want it. Just pay the shipping. It was on my 2017.