GEN 2 Leveling kit (HELP)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor1720

Reaction score
Hello fellow raptor owners
I have a Gen 2 Raptor looking to do a leveling kit, and I’m going to add some 22x12 on 35’s. Im looking at 3 different options the RPG collars, the icon collars, or the Eibach springs. I really don’t go off roading in this truck for this simple reason that I have a sxs for that. Anyways back to the questions any suggestions or any personal experiences with any of these setups. Thanks in advance for the help. I posted a few pictures of my truck so you can see what I’m working with. I’m currently on 35’s right now

Attachments

• IMG_8237.jpeg
    IMG_8237.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8235.jpeg
    IMG_8235.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Raptor1720

Raptor1720

Reaction score
I see you got nothing better to do , if you’re going to criticize my wheel size of choice at least give me your opinion on what leveling kit you suggest. But after looking at your comment you probably don’t even own a raptor. I’m sure you have a regular F-150 with a raptor grill

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I see you got nothing better to do , if you’re going to criticize my wheel size of choice at least give me your opinion on what leveling kit you suggest. But after looking at your comment you probably don’t even own a raptor. I’m sure you have a regular F-150 with a raptor grill
I was just trying to warn you mate(its a tough crowd round here), no need to get upset

Judging by the pic of your truck it looks nose high already I would post a pic of the current setup. BUT, RPG perch collars are your best bet since you don't plan to take it off pavement.
Also, expect it to ride bad.

OP
OP
Raptor1720

Raptor1720

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, really appreciate it. I hear what you’re saying I know a lot of people are not a fan of big wheels on these trucks. But everyone has their own vision for their truck. Sorry if I came off harsh I was trying to make it sound playful not in an attacking way. Your info was helpful because a bad ride is not worth the leveling kit.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, really appreciate it. I hear what you’re saying I know a lot of people are not a fan of big wheels on these trucks. But everyone has their own vision for their truck. Sorry if I came off harsh I was trying to make it sound playful not in an attacking way. Your info was helpful because a bad ride is not worth the leveling kit.
No man the wheels will make the ride bad. Again i think you are already leveled. Would be worth taking a look under there. if you dont know what to look for just post it on here. (the strut/spring)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have a Gen 2 Raptor looking to do a leveling kit, and I’m going to add some 22x12 on 35’s
Please don’t.
I really don’t go off roading in this truck for this simple reason that I have a sxs for that.
Honestly, you will be able to more inexpensively and more efficiently be able to lift and pimp an F150 than a Raptor.
Let that Raptor go to a home who will appreciate the truck for what it is - and - what it is not.

Anyways back to the questions any suggestions or any personal experiences with any of these setups. Thanks in advance for the help
2 immediate concerns come to mind.
1) the ride quality will be $hit. it’s going to wander, follow & react to every road imperfection, and you’ll be left with super soft springs / shocks and super stiff tires. bad combo.
2) lifting/leveling is harder on the front suspension and driveline components and they’ll wear faster. They’re not cheap. transfer case, cv, etc are all impacted. You may have no problems, or you may break a hard part. We had a few FRF break parts, were not covered by warranty because of the level. you’re probably out of warranty but just keep in mind this can get pricey.

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was searching for my Raptor, I test drove a 2018 with 20” wheels, and eibach springs in the front. Like CleverGirl said above, it was loud compared to the normal Raptor wheel and tire set up. The ride was not as good as a stock Raptor as well. I’m glad I passed on that one. As for my 2019 Raptor I have now, the previous owner put the eibach lift springs on the front, but that was it. It does sit a little nose high, but it drives great. I’m planning on Deaver Springs in the rear to bring the rear up and to help eliminate axle wrap.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow raptor owners
I have a Gen 2 Raptor looking to do a leveling kit, and I’m going to add some 22x12 on 35’s. Im looking at 3 different options the RPG collars, the icon collars, or the Eibach springs. I really don’t go off roading in this truck for this simple reason that I have a sxs for that. Anyways back to the questions any suggestions or any personal experiences with any of these setups. Thanks in advance for the help. I posted a few pictures of my truck so you can see what I’m working with. I’m currently on 35’s right now
22s….

200.gif

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 5