Gen 2 maintenance 60K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A305Raptor

Reaction score
Hello, fellow Raptor owners. I wanted to get some options, advice, opinions, and future knowledge regarding maintenance.

I have a 2018 LFG with 61K miles. Things I've had done
Cam phasers @ 24K & 53K miles
50k mile dealer service
I've done my oil changes around 5-6K miles
I need an alignment done. I'm going to get that done real soon.

I've added
Eibach springs
icon leafs
Goosetune W/ front mount intercooler
low temp therm
And some lights
I tried to order a 3rd brake light from GJ Motor back on July 4th weekend. I still haven't gotten it, but I am working on returning my money and order elsewhere.

My real question is, what should I be looking to do on the truck to help with preventive maintenance? I know shock rebuild/replace/upgrade is something I'm considering, but I don't know where to get them rebuilt down in the Miami Area. I will look at what new Gen 2.1 shocks will go for and if I can get a good deal for Fox3.0 W/ bypass. I've held back from doing more mods to the truck because I know if I don't take care of her, I will spend more money than I would like down the line. What should I be looking to Replace, drain out, or even get checked out?

I'm having an issue where, on the highway, when I go over 80, I get a vibration through the cab from what feels like the back of the truck to the point where it feels like the truck is giving me a massage in the chair. I recently had new tires put on and added the Icon leafs, and it's still a lingering problem. I assume it would have to be an alignment issue at this point, + the truck does like to pull to the right.

I work remotely, and realistically, the truck does 90% road and 10% dirt, but I live in south Miami; I would like for it to be more, but there aren't a lot of areas to go riding around at around here.

I tried to look through some threads for advice and info, but at this point, I wanted to post something and hear some feedback from the community. I'd appreciate any feedback or knowledge about this area.

Thanks!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Vibration sounds like a balancing issue... There is nothing magical with 60k - it depends on what's been done. Have you changed fluids on the diffs and transfer case? Brake fluid flush? Depending on what camp you are in trans filter and fluid service (or not). Plugs changed or swapped to colder ones? Pro tip, find a good alignment shop, don't use the dealer.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
I really didn't do much preventive maintenance until around 75k other than oil and filters etc, at that time I replaced the spark plugs, trans fluid, brake fluid, coolant, 4 new shocks. Since you have a 2018 I would just put new shocks in instead of a rebuild, Its barely more $$ if you stay OEM and you can sell your old ones for a few hundred. I honestly only noticed a slight difference with new factory shocks, I think they can last a lot longer than the 50k claimed if not abused.

I will say my transmission shifted much more smoothly with a fluid change. I will continue to do 50k service on that.

AP3X_FTW

Reaction score
Are you still on your original brake pads and rotors?

TBH I haven't researched the topic, but I'm only at 38k miles so it has just been oil changes, tires, alignment, and filters (air/cabin) so far. I would expect to do all my fluids (brake, diff, trans, coolant) and spark plugs around 60k though.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im at 66k miles, my maintenance has been as such (I plan on keeping for 120-150k miles)

engine oil every 5k
Rear diff every 15-20k (have a performance diff cover w/ makes it easy)
Front diff/T-case every 30-35k
Spark plugs every 30-40k
Engine air filter 2x a year
Cabin air filter 1x a year
Coolant flush @ 50k

I’m going to do the tranny fluid @ 70-75k same time I do the T-case & front diff for a 2nd time

I’m still on the original brakes somehow has some meat left & I do a little towing too, I imagine will have to be done soon I get a little shimmy/vibration in the steering wheel when braking @ highway speed. Plan on doing power stop Z36 truck/tow brake kit

I spray down/touch up the frame/undercarriage w/ amsoil HDMP once a year

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
Im at 66k miles, my maintenance has been as such (I plan on keeping for 120-150k miles)

engine oil every 5k
Rear diff every 15-20k (have a performance diff cover w/ makes it easy)
Front diff/T-case every 30-35k
Spark plugs every 30-40k
Engine air filter 2x a year
Cabin air filter 1x a year
Coolant flush @ 50k

I’m going to do the tranny fluid @ 70-75k same time I do the T-case & front diff for a 2nd time

I’m still on the original brakes somehow has some meat left & I do a little towing too, I imagine will have to be done soon I get a little shimmy/vibration in the steering wheel when braking @ highway speed. Plan on doing power stop Z36 truck/tow brake kit

I spray down/touch up the frame/undercarriage w/ amsoil HDMP once a year
Damn good lay out Badger, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter