Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he hates Icon ;). But yeah in no way defending Icon. Customer service is number 1. If I were you I'm sure I'd feel the same.
Why would I not hate a company that provides a ****** product and doesn’t own up to its mistakes? I’m not hiding it, I hate Icon and will gladly let others no why so they don’t get stuck in the same situation I did.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So I was doing some research on the Icons because I've got a similiar clunking noise at low speeds as of some have stated here. I recently went on a run and it's definitely there. I looked under there today and noticed one of the retaining clamps was loose and tightened all of them up. My spare was also loose and tightened that down as well. It didn't resolve my issue. It's definitely the leaf springs.
I sprayed them with fluid film when I first got them but I now also have some squeaky noises. I can deal with the squeaks but I'm more annoyed by the clunks. I know they're broken in now for sure.
Has anyone found any resolution for this other than dumping more money to the issue.

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have potentially discovered where the “clunk” noise is coming from and found a quick easy fix that has remedied the noise on my truck. I say potentially because I could not capture the noise on camera as every time I was recording I could not replicate the issue but, as soon as I turned off the camera I would hear it. (The camera was mounted to the gas tank so there’s no way that stopped the noise). What I think is the second wrap is loose around the inner most wrap allowing it to “bounce” causing a metal to metal slap. I found a simple thin $1.69 sheet of rubber at Home Depot cut it to roughly 3x6 inches (width of the spring and long enough to completely follow the wrap) and worked it in between the wraps with a flathead screwdriver on both springs. I’ve put about 300 miles on the truck since and haven’t heard any noise from the rear of the truck. Disappointing I had to do anything but, it was cheap and took about 5 minutes a side to fix what I though was a 1400 dollar mistake. Don’t know if it will fix anyone else’s issue but maybe worth a shot.
47F31B2B-FBB2-487D-9E17-60DC575822E1.jpeg
Before
1CBD8695-6366-4F9C-B68A-062209866944.jpeg
Rubber installed, disregard the white paint is to help differentiate the springs on camera.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing.
actually, on the computer it is much clearer... looks like he threw that piece of material into a crevice he found and it does look like it was hitting.

I hope this works for you I was thinking ICON myself but haven't voided my suspension just yet

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, on the computer it is much clearer... looks like he threw that piece of material into a crevice he found and it does look like it was hitting.

I hope this works for you I was thinking ICON myself but haven't voided my suspension just yet
Don’t know what crevice your talking about. The rubber piece follows the wrap of the spring between the first and second wrap preventing the wraps from clunking together going over bumps. I don’t know how the picture quality is for others, they are clear on my phone but, I’ll try to get better pictures.

under_psi

Reaction score
I feel like i wasted my money, again. Just adding.

Mine are getting worse. Especially at a creep goin down the driveway, dropping my kid at school in the mornings….

didn’t know i was gonna spend $8k (fox 3.0 upgrade) on suspension to have $1500+ of that sound like a squeaking *** clapped out 1990 Ford Explorer to be told “it’s normal”

Wish the deaver springs had been available when i got mine, but they were a few weeks out and i needed some for a trip.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like i wasted my money, again. Just adding.

Mine are getting worse. Especially at a creep goin down the driveway, dropping my kid at school in the mornings….

didn’t know i was gonna spend $8k (fox 3.0 upgrade) on suspension to have $1500+ of that sound like a squeaking *** clapped out 1990 Ford Explorer to be told “it’s normal”

Wish the deaver springs had been available when i got mine, but they were a few weeks out and i needed some for a trip.
Where are they squeaking? I had my buddy Separate each and put some grease in and the squeak is gone. The clunk is still there, will try the solution above.