Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
be thankful you didnt go with the non live valve 3.0s and midtravel as those are way clickier clunkier and louder then these. mine squeak also but somethings i think its from the bushings which can be lubricated.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
it has something to do with order places in the last qtr 2020. there are many qc problems, hence this thread and others on here with warranty talks. But ICON isnt doing anything to help out. They just keep saying "do you know where the noise comes from".
That's right around the time I bought mine and had them installed. I'm going to call Deaver later today.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
UPDATE: Shop that I had install mine, went through everything and even cleaned them. They applied grease in between the leaf's and around the eyelid area. Owner of the shop runs a Karli Suspension on his new F250 with Deaver's and he has noises as well. His have gone away. He didn't charge me a dime and it took him most of the day. He said he likes to go over his work since he installed them and wanted to make sure it's nothing they did. Unfortunately the clunk is still there, but he got them a little quieter. He can't figure out why but he said it's pretty common for both Deaver's and Icon's. Mine happens when the suspension articulates and I get some body roll.
Now in my opinion the Deaver's look like a little better quality however I can't justify spending another 2K on leaf's. I'll try the rubber piece in between the eyelid area. My noises by the way started when I began going off-road.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
2nd UPDATE: I called my shop and let them know the clunk came back after a couple of weeks. I asked them if there was any kind of warranty. 2 days later they called me back and scheduled me to come in for 2 days later this month. The shop reached out to Icon and they will be disassembling my leaf springs and putting them back together with Icon support to make sure everything is assembled correctly and there is nothing out of place. My shop has been great there will be no cost to me and according to Icon they have been able to correct the issue.
Here is the kicker. I went out on a run in the desert with a few Raptors and hit some pretty aggressive parts of the trail. I definitely bottomed out. How people want to run
37's and off road is crazy. My right fender is now out of alignment. (yeah I got some air). Anyhow. the leaf springs are now silent. The noise if almost all gone if any at all.
What would you all do? Keep my appointment and have them checked out regardless and risk the noise coming back or have them looked at?

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clunk has to do with the individual leaf/s rubbing and twisting against each other. You will notice that if they’re wet or you lubricate/grease it will be more prominent. When you dry them out, get debris or sand in between, they quiet down or go away. Mainly prominent on articulation of rear end.
It’s a problem inherent to the ICONS. I’ve been through 2 sets, pulled them apart, put them back together, greased them, placed material between them, loaded them, unloaded them, swapped them, tightened and loosened hardware, etc.
Annoying as hell.
Running it through sand helps best.

Just sold the truck so problem is gone now :)

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Well that makes sense. I ran them through the Johnson Valley and wouldn't you know.
Thanks for the insight that was very helpful.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
Hate to rez this one again as it sounds like a ton of owners are having issues with these things. Has anyone experienced loud creaking when you load the truck up in the back and when you're on an incline? Like I was rolling through a campground this past weekend with my RTT on, all my camping gear, firewood, etc and going over speed bumps and inclines it sounds like garbage. I've opened these things up with no weight on them with a pry far and pumped grease in. IDK what else to do. They are set to OPTION 2.

Not being a typical "RAPTOR" owner either I've had several leaf spring vehicles in the past and this straight up sounds like a carriage on the Oregon Trail.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have these on my truck, they work great. They make leaf spring noises and have some additional NVH due to the solid bushings. My gen1 with deavers was similar. If you want a quiet luxury car, go buy one or don't mod your truck.