Leaf spring and Shackle Replacement Price check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbmojo

Reaction score
Hello and happy new year, i'm looking for some second opinions on a shop quote in the Boston MA area.
One of my rear leaf springs is cracked so i'm replacing both as well as the shackles. As of now i'm just looking to get it fixed ASAP as I use this truck for work. I haven't explored going the ICON/DEAVER route in depth, but figure if it's going to be this expensive to fix, i'll buy the ICONS.
Some rig info, 2nd owner, 2010 SCAB, 142,000 miles, 6.2. Everything is top minus these leaf springs. I put in new FOX shocks less than 500 miles ago.
The quotes i'm getting are all between $1700-$2400. EX below. Thank you for any input/advice

REMOVE AND REPLACE REAR SPRINGS (HD) AND SHACKLES.
NEW UBOLTS, NUTS, WASHERS. LABOR 4 HOURS $612

THREADED ROD Size: 5/8 X 36
4X$25.00
$100.00

REAR SPRING 431783
2X $439.87
$879.74

431783 SHACKLE
2.00X $65.36
$130.72

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right for me. Wouldnt think it would be that difficult but since your in NH its a bit tougher. Technically the gas tank and exhaust have to be removed to get the front leaf bolts out but they will prolly cut those out because they could be seized and avoid messing with exhaust and gas tank. Then the bolts will have to be installed in reverse. The estimate already includes shackles bc nobody wants to deal with rotted potentially seized bolts/shackles. So you might also need 6 bolts and nuts from dealer $$$

post part #s if you got em

which side broke? you could also just do one oem side if you go aftermarket later and or pretty much any used f150 leaf is basically the same for the raptor. there is nothing special about raptor leafs, there just on big spacer blocks

Last edited:
OP
OP
tbmojo

tbmojo

Reaction score
@Sig Fanboy Thanks for the input i appreciate it. Good to know it seems fair.
@someday Thanks as well.
It was the driver side that cracked-I load up with firewood and lumber often and think that stress/bad roads did it.
Part #s
SHACKLE 431783
REAR SPRING 431783

Good to know about the ford leafs, if there is an HD ford option I think that would be my best bet

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds about right for me. Wouldnt think it would be that difficult but since your in NH its a bit tougher. Technically the gas tank and exhaust have to be removed to get the front leaf bolts out but they will prolly cut those out because they could be seized and avoid messing with exhaust and gas tank. Then the bolts will have to be installed in reverse. The estimate already includes shackles bc nobody wants to deal with rotted potentially seized bolts/shackles. So you might also need 6 bolts and nuts from dealer $$$

post part #s if you got em

which side broke? you could also just do one oem side if you go aftermarket later and or pretty much any used f150 leaf is basically the same for the raptor. there is nothing special about raptor leafs, there just on big spacer blocks
I would argue the springs are vastly different from a normal F150. F150 is on blocks also, F150 is rated to haul more, 2x more. Hence you don't really see F150 springs in the shape of a "W" like most if not all Gen2's.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Sig Fanboy Thanks for the input i appreciate it. Good to know it seems fair.
@someday Thanks as well.
It was the driver side that cracked-I load up with firewood and lumber often and think that stress/bad roads did it.
Part #s
SHACKLE 431783
REAR SPRING 431783

Good to know about the ford leafs, if there is an HD ford option I think that would be my best bet
The part #s are the same and are not oem ford part numbers. Those part prices are kinda high doin a quick search. OEM might be the same or cheaper. If you want heavier duty springs then those are with one extra leaf 1+3. All gen1 leafs are the same looking. main leaf 1+2 and i think crew cab raptors and cc f150s have the same spring code

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The part #s are the same and are not oem ford part numbers. Those part prices are kinda high doin a quick search. OEM might be the same or cheaper. If you want heavier duty springs then those are with one extra leaf 1+3. All gen1 leafs are the same looking. main leaf 1+2 and i think crew cab raptors and cc f150s have the same spring code
(Gen2) Crew cab raptors and crew cab regular f150 do not have the same spring code.

According to the parts catalog there are 5 different springs for the regular F150, and 1 spring for the Raptor.

The Raptor has a 1070lbs payload rating. Regular F150 is upto 2100, with the crew cabs being around 1900. You don't do that with Raptor springs. They sag with 500 lbs in the bed, let alone 1500.