Added Fox 3.0 Live Valves, Icon leaf Springs, and RPG +2 Drop Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06viper

Reaction score
Hi guys, so my 2020 Velocity Blue Gen 2 has 38,000 miles on it. I’ve owned it since new and have beat on it pretty hard since day 1 Of ownership. The stock shocks and leafs were absolutely toast so I figured I’d upgrade some stuff since I’m planning on keeping the truck in the collection forever most likely. It’s not going to get driven as much anymore since I got a 37 inch Gen 3 on the way that should be here in the next month or two, plus a Raptor R. So I figured I’d spend some coin and upgrade the shocks to the 3.0 Fox Live Valves, add the Icon leaf springs, and add a RPG +2 billet drop shackle. Also threw on some new shoes and went with some 35 inch Toyo MT tires. Front PSI set to 33 front and 30 rear on the road, and 28 front and 25 rear for off-roading. I wanted to keep the stock ride height, and the Icons come with a 1 inch lift in the rear, so by adding the +2 drop shackles it puts it back to stock height. So coming from stock suspension and tires the last 38,000 miles, all I can say is WOW. This thing is unbelievable with these upgrades. It completely changes the truck, it feels like I’m riding on a cloud no matter the situation. The first day everything got done, I immediately took the girlfriend and went on a 4 hour desert run and needless to say its in a whole different league than stock. I can’t say enough good things about there upgrades. If you have $9k burning a hole in your pocket, this is by far 100% the best thing you could do to upgrade your truck. I will be getting some bump stops and upper control arms last but not least as the final finishing touches.

EEEDD537-3061-4D25-816C-9E430269FB87.jpeg3CABD060-50C5-4828-9CE2-6E36BFA1C55E.jpegB240468C-99F0-4E59-8ABF-B4EEC40FE5AF.jpeg6A37E777-B948-402B-9C66-874A95C650AD.jpeg85F5F855-9563-4CC5-A5ED-B59029F1C5F1.jpeg

Last edited:

AP3X_FTW

Reaction score
Nice upgrades. Everytime I think of upgrading the stock live valves on my '21 to Factory 3.0's, I worry about how much of an improvement it really is or if money is better spent going another direction (like King).

Glad to hear it was a night and day change for you. I'm sure the existing suspension being shot has a lot to do with it as well.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Nice upgrades. Everytime I think of upgrading the stock live valves on my '21 to Factory 3.0's, I worry about how much of an improvement it really is or if money is better spent going another direction (like King).

Glad to hear it was a night and day change for you. I'm sure the existing suspension being shot has a lot to do with it as well.
Not sure on the 21’s but upgraded my 20 stock live valves for the FRS 3.0’s. I don’t think you’ll notice a huge difference in day to say driving. The biggest improvement is off road where upgraded shocks have the extra fluid to keep them cool. The other benefits are being able to adjust from firm to softer with adjuster and the ability to ad some preload in the front for extra height.