Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks ! Was hoping to hear that someone had tried it and it worked out. When your not towing do you really notice much of a difference in the rear ? And what shackles did you use ?

I'm using the ones from PGR. to be honest i think the spring rate on the eibachs and the icons on the level two setting are perfectly matched. Geisers with level three. and stock with level one. if you have the live valve shocks like i do, make sure the shop zeros out the shock ride height so tha truck doesn't ride stiff thinking its airborne and prepping for landing. if the shop or dealer is unfamiliar or if DIY, you can do it easily through the FORSCAN.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rims are those? They look great
thanks. they are the Fuel D785

AP3X_FTW

Reaction score
I currently have Eibach springs up front and stock leafs in the rear. I tow an enclosed aluminum trailer and race car that is around 6,000 - 6,500 lbs all loaded up and the truck honestly does a great job with a weight distribution hitch aside from the rear sag. I've been debating Deaver +3 HD and the Icons... @wazatataza Your truck looks great and is pushing me towards the Icons with shackles.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On option 1 my icons tow okay, you definitely need a WD hitch though.
I haven't towed with them on option2, its too stiff when the truck is empty and I don't carry a load or tow every day.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have Eibach springs up front and stock leafs in the rear. I tow an enclosed aluminum trailer and race car that is around 6,000 - 6,500 lbs all loaded up and the truck honestly does a great job with a weight distribution hitch aside from the rear sag. I've been debating Deaver +3 HD and the Icons... @wazatataza Your truck looks great and is pushing me towards the Icons with shackles.
I’ve heard the deavers are a good option and they supposedly reduce the axle deflection that is seen on the oe rear leafs. Most of the hardcore offroad guys praise them.

On option 1 my icons tow okay, you definitely need a WD hitch though.
I haven't towed with them on option2, its too stiff when the truck is empty and I don't carry a load or tow every day.
Weird, I never noticed much a difference in the rear end with the option two. Remind me did you have springs upfront? Level 2 alone without a drop shackles raises the back quite a bit and transfers a considerable amount of mass to the front suspension, making the rear feel over sprung and the front end under sprung and boggy.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard the deavers are a good option and they supposedly reduce the axle deflection that is seen on the oe rear leafs. Most of the hardcore offroad guys praise them.

Weird, I never noticed much a difference in the rear end with the option two. Remind me did you have springs upfront? Level 2 alone without a drop shackles raises the back quite a bit and transfers a considerable amount of mass to the front suspension, making the rear feel over sprung and the front end under sprung and boggy.

I have Eibach front springs. It was very stink bug on option 2. On option 1 it has a slight rake, the rear is maybe an inch higher unloaded. I didn't try drop shackles, but the longer shackle lessens the progressiveness of the spring, and I wouldn't want that.

xjjosh

Reaction score
Here is my 2018. RPG 1.5" front collars, Icons rear at the +1 setting. Hooked camper up to see squat. This is without the WD hitch bars installed. And drives 100% better stock! Only regret is that I wish I purchased these leafs a long time ago!

Attachments

• IMG_1755.jpeg
    IMG_1755.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 28