Front and rear suspension upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
well based on my 10 years here on the forum and have seen every problem imaginable, i should probably give a word of advice. 2010 and 2011 trucks can sit at top perch height on the front generally with no issues. when ford introduced the torsen front diff in 2012 models, there were lots of people having problems with top perch height. the torsen didnt like the extreme angle the axleshaft was at. caused binding, grinding and breaking of various parts. usually axles or 4wd issues.

Well damn, thats some info I haven’t seen. Soo bottom perch it is then…

jp4lsu

Reaction score
This is Geisers on bottom perch, +3 Deavers, and Camburg drop shackles for reference.
NateMob, This is what I'm thinking of doing. Except maybe mid perch and no drop shackles. My estimation would be it would have the same rake as yours but maybe 1" to 1.25" taller.
I believe Geiser says at mid perch you get 2.5" lift and then the Deavers +3 give you 1" lift.
I did see you're comment on the Geisers about using the Gen2 Geisers. Are you saying don't use the Gen1 Geisers on mid perch? Does it make for a rougher road ride?

Last edited:

jp4lsu

Reaction score
After much reading around and research I believe I've finally get my setup narrowed down. Wanting something that rides nicely on the street but can take some good abuse offroad. Here's the current plan:
Cody, any updates?
I won't be revamping the suspension like you. I'm sticking with rebuilt OEM shocks and adding new springs, but curious to see what you are doing or did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cody, any updates?
I won't be revamping the suspension like you. I'm sticking with rebuilt OEM shocks and adding new springs, but curious to see what you are doing or did.

Will be ordering parts here shortly. Most likely will be a spring project as the truck is going into storage shortly.

Primez

Reaction score
I have run this setup on the front in every configuration imaginable, to include Gen 2 shock with Gen 1 spring on an unmodified Gen 1 bucket. Can confirm that the IWEs, axles, etc also do not like being put at extreme angles like top perch or extra length of the Gen 2 shock without proper buckets.

If you are running KHC buckets, there is no reason to swap out the front springs, perches, or top hats. Just run the front shock with the new bucket as is and Gen 2 spring. I wouldn’t mess with spring swaps, perches, top hats, preload collars, or any of that stuff.

The Gen 1 springs are actually a bit shorter than Gen 2+ and your ride height will be quite low without the proper Gen 2 springs. To compensate and get the right ride height, you’d have to run some big collars or mess with the perches so much that you’d end up killing your bump travel.

With Gen 1 springs on Gen 2 shock, you also would need new top hats and coil insulators. The Gen 1 hats are quite funky on the KHC bucket because the threads are so long, since they’re designed to be ran with the angled rings.

My current setup is:
KHC front coil bucket
Gen 2 3.0 front shock
Gen 2 eibach
Deaver +3
+2” drop shackle
Gen 2 3.0 rear shock on OEM mount