Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Additional photos.
If anyone has any questions or are considering ICONS, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 3017E734-A670-4518-8252-0ADDDDB25544.jpeg
    3017E734-A670-4518-8252-0ADDDDB25544.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 0FEDCEAC-D21A-4940-B0D6-1C01182A2731.jpeg
    0FEDCEAC-D21A-4940-B0D6-1C01182A2731.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I don't blame you for being upset. My shop set my first set on option 3 and I didn't even know until I put the second set on (see below). They had to reinstall them set on option 1. I'm on option 1 now and I'm measuring close to 42". Don't remember exactly where. If my noise comes back I'm going back to stock.

My story: 1st set were set to option 3, without my knowledge. Truck sat around 42.5 once settled. Took it off-road a lot, towed and rode really nice other than the dreaded clunk and pop. Icon replaced these due to clunks.

Second set: Shop set me up for option 3, since that's where I was set when I brought the truck in for the replacements. I immediately knew something was off, because the ass was way up in the air. The truck was sent back and was set to option 1, there was some confusion and misunderstanding between tech and shop manager. They did it all at no charge, since it was their error and misunderstanding.

Truck rides really nice and no clunks (crossing fingers).

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't blame you for being upset. My shop set my first set on option 3 and I didn't even know until I put the second set on (see below). They had to reinstall them set on option 1. I'm on option 1 now and I'm measuring close to 42". Don't remember exactly where. If my noise comes back I'm going back to stock.

My story: 1st set were set to option 3, without my knowledge. Truck sat around 42.5 once settled. Took it off-road a lot, towed and rode really nice other than the dreaded clunk and pop. Icon replaced these due to clunks.

Second set: Shop set me up for option 3, since that's where I was set when I brought the truck in for the replacements. I immediately knew something was off, because the ass was way up in the air. The truck was sent back and was set to option 1, there was some confusion and misunderstanding between tech and shop manager. They did it all at no charge, since it was their error and misunderstanding.

Truck rides really nice and no clunks (crossing fingers).
Jeebus, all this makes me glad I didn't pull the trigger yet on new leafs. Hopefully this set works out for you Rick.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Jeebus, all this makes me glad I didn't pull the trigger yet on new leafs. Hopefully this set works out for you Rick.
So far the new set, with the very very few miles are fine. If you don't intend on carrying heavy weight or hardcore off roading I wouldn't swap them.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far the new set, with the very very few miles are fine. If you don't intend on carrying heavy weight or hardcore off roading I wouldn't swap them.
Thanks for the feedback Rick, that's pretty much what I was thinking. My only complaint with stock is the weird occasional sideways hop when you hit a certain angle of sharp-edged bump.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I’m sitting at about 43.5” in the rear with icon stage 1, 41.5 front with eibach. I have about 150 miles on these leafs. They are a lot stiffer than stock leafs, I feel like with the stock leafs I can go full speed over speed bumps and the truck would feel butter smooth. Now with the icons it bucks. Considering maybe doing some drop shackles not sure if that would help at all with the “smoothness” but at least it should drop me closer to level. Anyone have any first hand experience after doing drop shackles on ride quality with a similar setup? Otherwise wheelhop is gone, handles great, just lost that smooth ride.

Reaction score
I used the stock leaf pack’s lowest / smallest helper spring, and replaced with the smallest Icon spring in pack, believe this along with quality drop shackles allows me to run option 2 without being harsh, rear is supple over speed bumps