Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icon’s customer service will never help you. Their ultimate solution/response for me was to just forget about the issues I was having. Nobody you speak to at their support team know anything about trucks, they’re all just sales people reading spec sheets.
my first email to them and calls were back beginning of March. unbelievable

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my first email to them and calls were back beginning of March. unbelievable
Dude I was in the same boat but I only gave it about a month before disputing with my cc. I needed the compression rate of option 3 for when I go overlanding, but I was getting 3.50” of lift with 450 pounds in the bed. It’s only supposed to life 3.00” with zero load! They kept telling me to forget about compression rates and just set the height I want. Their customer service couldn’t grasp the concept that I wasn’t going to set it up on option 1 to get the rise advertised from option 3, because then when I load it up with 800 pounds I’ll just sag like crazy.

If you go Deaver’s instead, you will get the exact ride height and compression rates you want with all their options. Just have to be clear with your vendor about what you’re looking to accomplish.

Attachments

• 62515444-AD75-4F7A-A54E-CC31386689CD.jpeg
    62515444-AD75-4F7A-A54E-CC31386689CD.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 13

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude I was in the same boat but I only gave it about a month before disputing with my cc. I needed the compression rate of option 3 for when I go overlanding, but I was getting 3.50” of lift with 450 pounds in the bed. It’s only supposed to life 3.00” with zero load! They kept telling me to forget about compression rates and just set the height I want. Their customer service couldn’t grasp the concept that I wasn’t going to set it up on option 1 to get the rise advertised from option 3, because then when I load it up with 800 pounds I’ll just sag like crazy.

If you go Deaver’s instead, you will get the exact ride height and compression rates you want with all their options. Just have to be clear with your vendor about what you’re looking to accomplish.
lol your name is Max too, thats probably why they arent helping. Seeing two Max's with the same problems, prob think it is same person

under_psi

Reaction score
still pending solution from ICON on my clunk noise. Mine do not have any isolator pads on the bottom two springs (may be standard) and sound just horrible. Option 2 as well. I have my RTT on the truck installed and still at my buddy's place for additional work and he is greasing the springs before I pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

my clunk is only heard and observed at very slow speeds in a parking lot….small bumps, a little throttle. Forward or reverse. They also squeak.

I bough the icons on the rec of off-road alliance, who seem to have great refs and customer service so far. the deavers were a month or so out……

not sure I’m keeping them at this point. This truck is noisy now.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my clunk is only heard and observed at very slow speeds in a parking lot….small bumps, a little throttle. Forward or reverse. They also squeak.

I bough the icons on the rec of off-road alliance, who seem to have great refs and customer service so far. the deavers were a month or so out……

not sure I’m keeping them at this point. This truck is noisy now.
exactly what most of us are experiencing. Nick@Apollo-Optics has seen some improvement with upgrading the shackles but I explained to Icon that consumers shouldnt need to spend more money on components to make their products stop clunking. Icon's customer service for these leafs is awful

Edit: also got my truck back from overland place, they greased the **** out of the all leafs and for now, the horrible creaking noise is gone. Clunk is still there. Pending delivery of KHC shackles this week.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the same boat for 8 months with them. The squeaking doesn't bother me since it's a leaf thing that you can't get away from. The clunking is what gets me since I don't know where it's coming from and only the pass. Side leaf pack does that. Drivers side mid leaf is slipping out of place now too.
They do ride nice but I agree with most that their customer service is a lost cause.
Then I hear others say theirs don't make a noise at all so my idea is that the production facility has faulty equipment making these packs. Icon needs to step up since the word is getting around and are losing customers over a potential simple fix.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the same boat for 8 months with them. The squeaking doesn't bother me since it's a leaf thing that you can't get away from. The clunking is what gets me since I don't know where it's coming from and only the pass. Side leaf pack does that. Drivers side mid leaf is slipping out of place now too.
They do ride nice but I agree with most that their customer service is a lost cause.
Then I hear others say theirs don't make a noise at all so my idea is that the production facility has faulty equipment making these packs. Icon needs to step up since the word is getting around and are losing customers over a potential simple fix.

I think you are right...seems our packs were built on a friday. The clunk only happens at low speeds as well

under_psi

Reaction score

It’s not like that for all leafs….hell. My OEM set up didn’t make any noise and was Cush as hell. My FJ60 doesn’t squeak with the iron man leafs……

Same thing that pissed me off reading that the 3.0 live valves made a popping noise….I ain’t buying that **** either. ….so far, the only noise I have is from the leafs….

i am going to deal with it now, but surely dont want to have to do another swap on them. And spend *** more money…..i also thought about the KHC shackles. Wish they made a greasable pin/bolt for them.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can see also is the retainer clamps are what are causing the clanking/clunking perhaps. Icon said the pry them outwards because they aren't replaceable. But it's a bit of a pain. Going to use a small bottle torch to heat them up and try to pry apart. Wish me luck.
@Qcfx2
@under_psi my oem leafs only did in the super dusty conditions but once cleaned and greased back to silent.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I can see also is the retainer clamps are what are causing the clanking/clunking perhaps. Icon said the pry them outwards because they aren't replaceable. But it's a bit of a pain. Going to use a small bottle torch to heat them up and try to pry apart. Wish me luck.
@Qcfx2
@under_psi my oem leafs only did in the super dusty conditions but once cleaned and greased back to silent.
yep tried that already