Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesy_PNW

Reaction score
Gents,

I know this is going on page 62 but curious if anyone went from OPT2 to OPT3? I only ask because I might make the change to OPT3 but currently have close to 450lbs in the bed (Retrax cover, RTT, front runner rack+table, two sets of recovery boards, pro eagle) not including cooler/food/wood etc. With all this based off tape measure I sit .5-1" high in rear but in person it looks low.

Should I drop the front or go to OPT3 with a drop shackle? Dropping the front is a major PITA with the Icon Attitude Adjustment. The truck looks great when I don't have all my **** on it but it would be great to have it high in the rear even with the gear. Granted truck only has this stuff for a few months out of the year during camping season. Maybe I am flat out just splitting hairs and need to stop obsessing? LOL

So many guys run OPT2 with two spares, chase rack, water/fuel etc so seeing OPT3 is rare.

Suggestions/comments anyone?

Loaded:

IMG_2155.jpeg64686486502__D0BC6AF9-4CD1-4F09-9DBC-610E8918EA91.jpeg

Unloaded:

IMG_1513.jpeg

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think you are good. I have option two with retrax cover, yakima outpost bed rack, boards, fuel/gas and RTT (pending install for tent) Opt3 shows it'll level with 800+ lbs

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents,

I know this is going on page 62 but curious if anyone went from OPT2 to OPT3? I only ask because I might make the change to OPT3 but currently have close to 450lbs in the bed (Retrax cover, RTT, front runner rack+table, two sets of recovery boards, pro eagle) not including cooler/food/wood etc. With all this based off tape measure I sit .5-1" high in rear but in person it looks low.

Should I drop the front or go to OPT3 with a drop shackle? Dropping the front is a major PITA with the Icon Attitude Adjustment. The truck looks great when I don't have all my **** on it but it would be great to have it high in the rear even with the gear. Granted truck only has this stuff for a few months out of the year during camping season. Maybe I am flat out just splitting hairs and need to stop obsessing? LOL

So many guys run OPT2 with two spares, chase rack, water/fuel etc so seeing OPT3 is rare.

Suggestions/comments anyone?

Loaded:

Icon Multi-Rate Rear Leaf Spring Kit | Page 62 | Ford Raptor Forums

under_psi

Reaction score
I too am running the #2 option with the 3rd spring replaced…similar set up. Front runner rack, cargo glide, (pro eagle on way) and retread elec cover.

i am also having the clunk and squeaking issue from the springs. Didn’t have any racket on this truck until i spent too much $ on the suspension…..

(did the 3.0 live valves as well.)

I’d felt like mine was too high in the rear, but am liking it as opposed to saggy ***….

Attachments

• CCE0AC66-8A8D-474B-840E-A0BD18A61F6A.jpeg
    CCE0AC66-8A8D-474B-840E-A0BD18A61F6A.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 26
  • EC5E17F6-36EF-4186-8760-378A5E9B5B16.jpeg
    EC5E17F6-36EF-4186-8760-378A5E9B5B16.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 39D1C7B5-4913-4799-8003-40267071BB7C.jpeg
    39D1C7B5-4913-4799-8003-40267071BB7C.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 25

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I too am running the #2 option with the 3rd spring replaced…similar set up. Front runner rack, cargo glide, (pro eagle on way) and retread elec cover.

i am also having the clunk and squeaking issue from the springs. Didn’t have any racket on this truck until i spent too much $ on the suspension…..

(did the 3.0 live valves as well.)

I’d felt like mine was too high in the rear, but am liking it as opposed to saggy ***….
When you get older, you will be more than happy to get some saggy ***.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issues I had when I had icons for 1 month before having to get them refunded through a cc claim and switching to Deavers. They are inconsistent on heights, build quality, compression rates, etc. If you go icon just hope it’s not too bad but no two springs from them are ever consistent.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still pending solution from ICON on my clunk noise. Mine do not have any isolator pads on the bottom two springs (may be standard) and sound just horrible. Option 2 as well. I have my RTT on the truck installed and still at my buddy's place for additional work and he is greasing the springs before I pick it up tonight or tomorrow.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still pending solution from ICON on my clunk noise. Mine do not have any isolator pads on the bottom two springs (may be standard) and sound just horrible. Option 2 as well. I have my RTT on the truck installed and still at my buddy's place for additional work and he is greasing the springs before I pick it up tonight or tomorrow.
Icon’s customer service will never help you. Their ultimate solution/response for me was to just forget about the issues I was having. Nobody you speak to at their support team know anything about trucks, they’re all just sales people reading spec sheets.