Unbelievably Bad Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

T631

Reaction score
In the defense of St. George Ford...

We obviously have a misinformed sales person. We have had and sold 6.2L Raptors already. However, Ford did have a hold on the 6.2L for awhile after they had released some. Our Ford Rep has informed us they are being manufactured again but we still have orders (most are sold units) that haven't been processed by the factory yet. That's where the wait comes from.

The addendum in the window is there to add value to the truck. As with any window sticker, it is negotiable. As you can see with the quote I gave MagicMtnDan, you can find a great deal anywhere. I sell a lot of vehicles to people from Las Vegas who say they had a bad experience with the local dealers. It happens. Unfortunately it is always the bad things that people remember.

Phil - Our service department will still take care of you even though you didn't buy the truck here. Look me up next time around and I'll make sure you have a great sales experience to go along with the service.

Thanks for the invite to the forum MagicMtnDan. The rest of you can commence the bashing of the salesman! I can take it!

Travis Hunt
Internet Manager
St. George Ford

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the defense of St. George Ford...

We obviously have a misinformed sales person. We have had and sold 6.2L Raptors already. However, Ford did have a hold on the 6.2L for awhile after they had released some. Our Ford Rep has informed us they are being manufactured again but we still have orders (most are sold units) that haven't been processed by the factory yet. That's where the wait comes from.

The addendum in the window is there to add value to the truck. As with any window sticker, it is negotiable. As you can see with the quote I gave MagicMtnDan, you can find a great deal anywhere. I sell a lot of vehicles to people from Las Vegas who say they had a bad experience with the local dealers. It happens. Unfortunately it is always the bad things that people remember.

Phil - Our service department will still take care of you even though you didn't buy the truck here. Look me up next time around and I'll make sure you have a great sales experience to go along with the service.

Thanks for the invite to the forum MagicMtnDan. The rest of you can commence the bashing of the salesman! I can take it!

Travis Hunt
Internet Manager
St. George Ford
So what is this "desert package"?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi Travis, glad to have you here to post your side of the sales story.

I was going to post this before I saw you here so here it is...

I have suggested to anyone looking to buy a car or truck to USE THE PHONE. It's a great idea to go to a dealership to look at their vehicles, check 'em out in person and see for yourself what it looks like, feels like to sit in it and test drive the vehicle. But when you're ready to buy, I suggest you CALL or email the dealership's internet sales guy/girl and work with them. You'll save considerable time and hassle and get your best deal by talking to several dealers as they will give you good pricing. Once you get the deal you want then go into the dealership to sign the papers and shake hands on the good deal both sides got. (Always try to bring your own financing with you unless the dealer is offering killer low rates).

Here's an example. I contacted St. George Ford to follow up on Phil's experience and Travis Hunt was my point of contact. Travis is their Internet Sales Manager and he was very easy to deal with. You've seen the few emails we exchanged (there were no others) and Travis was very good about giving me A VERY GOOD PRICE. As Travis said in the email he sent to me today, "Thanks for the info. Yeah, I quoted you considerably less than sticker actually."

I don't know anything about over-sticker pricing at that dealership. But I wouldn't be surprised nor would they be the first or the last dealership to do that. You might be surprised but some people actually walk in off the street and pay what's on the sticker(s). The dealerships and the manufacturers all need to make money. There's never going to be one set price on every vehicle (Saturn tried that and it didn't help them). So, like everything else, it's buyer beware and things are worth what you're willing to pay for them.

I don't know about any over-sticker markups or desert packages or any other stuff. What I do know is Travis has been a pleasure to communicate with and if I was in that area and was going to buy a Ford Raptor or any other product he can sell I'd be talking to him.

Now if I can get him to give me an amazing price on my Raptor as a trade-in we could talk about a 2011 Raptor SuperCab :mrgreen:

I hope you sell lots of Raptors (and Ford products) Travis! Thanks for being a good sport and coming on here! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T631

Reaction score
Tell you what Dan, we have already put stupid money into a used Raptor and sold it within a couple weeks. Look me up when you are ready and give me a shot at it!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell you what Dan, we have already put stupid money into a used Raptor and sold it within a couple weeks. Look me up when you are ready and give me a shot at it!

Now you did it! You went and told everyone. You're gonna have Raptor owners lining up to see what you can do for them :thumbsup:

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Can't say that I've heard of this "Desert Package" and we are the #1 Raptor dealer, so I'm at a temporary loss.... This intrigues me and I will have to look in to this.

Bad form Dan....... Bad form....... *tisk tisk* I'm insulted!!! Not like I can't beat that deal! Steve wouldn't have it any other way! HAHA!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say that I've heard of this "Desert Package" and we are the #1 Raptor dealer, so I'm at a temporary loss.... This intrigues me and I will have to look in to this.

Bad form Dan....... Bad form....... *tisk tisk* I'm insulted!!! Not like I can't beat that deal! Steve wouldn't have it any other way! HAHA!

+10000000000000

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about over-sticker pricing at that dealership.

I don't know about any over-sticker markups or desert packages or any other stuff. What I do know is Travis has been a pleasure to communicate with and if I was in that area and was going to buy a Ford Raptor or any other product he can sell I'd be talking to him.

It's nice that Travis came on and showed there's someone at that dealership that's willing to deal.

Dan, I E-mailed photos to you of the sticker and supplementary sticker showing the Desert Package and the 10,000.00 Market Adjustment. So, now you do know about the over-sticker markups and desert packages.