Least bad financial move.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think buying a vehicle and not driving it much to keep its value up at trade makes no sense. If you get pleasure just from having something, just looking at it for three years is kind of like getting a trophy wife, spoiling her with all kinds of material things, including an expensive boob job, and then just looking at her for three years before getting divorced.

Buy what you love, use and enjoy it, and every day you’ll be rewarded for your investment. Then when you have to sell or trade it in, at the very least you’ll have a big smile and great memories, instead of a story about how you mitigated the loss on your investment. Unless you buy whatever you did just to tell others that you have one. The value in things that depreciate is the pleasure they give you!
Thanks for the advice, but I definitely don’t do that. The truck was my dd and I didn’t make any effort to keep mileage low, but I did own it during the plandemic and worked from home a lot during that time. We also have a few vehicles that I split the time with (all fun stuff no boring commuters).

I wasn’t bragging about how I got such a great trade, I was making an example of how upside down and irrational the market has been the past 3 years.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but I definitely don’t do that. The truck was my dd and I didn’t make any effort to keep mileage low, but I did own it during the plandemic and worked from home a lot during that time. We also have a few vehicles that I split the time with (all fun stuff no boring commuters).

I wasn’t bragging about how I got such a great trade, I was making an example of how upside down and irrational the market has been the past 3 years.
Covid sure did change a lot of things in our lives! Your point well made, and taken.

Needalift

Reaction score
These are such totally different trucks. I don't really see it as a financial decision. I just cancelled my order for a 2024 Raptor (which might not have been delivered till early 2025) and bought a 2023 brand new Raptor fresh from the factory. It was several thousand cheaper than the 2024 with a similar package. Best of all I have it in my garage and don't have to wait a year.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are such totally different trucks. I don't really see it as a financial decision. I just cancelled my order for a 2024 Raptor (which might not have been delivered till early 2025) and bought a 2023 brand new Raptor fresh from the factory. It was several thousand cheaper than the 2024 with a similar package. Best of all I have it in my garage and don't have to wait a year.
You mean you didn’t want to wait for the 2024 Gen 4 Raptor?!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If get a ‘23 & see if you can get a discount, you obviously have no shortage of vehicles to drive in the meantime- so take your time & find the exact vehicle you want for the best deal

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No it’s not, it’s has ALL NEW aesthetics, and a COmPleeteLY NeW interior! Also a HUD and new bumper with room for ACCesOREEEES!

*being sarcastic because the overhype is real. It’s the same truck lol*
As is often said in the motorcycle world: “Bold, new graphics"