Least bad financial move.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is someday/spankie’s “Raptor”.

View attachment 443476
There is a coworker of mine with a prius just like this, could easily afford anything under 100K but is super proud of his moldy prius. He is always wanting to take everyone to lunch in it, the 4 of us decline and take the Raptor.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
I made 2k on my 20 after 3 years and 20k miles. I jumped on that trade offer and got an msrp 23 with the expectation of losing in the first several years. It’ll all average out nicely though.
I think buying a vehicle and not driving it much to keep its value up at trade makes no sense. If you get pleasure just from having something, just looking at it for three years is kind of like getting a trophy wife, spoiling her with all kinds of material things, including an expensive boob job, and then just looking at her for three years before getting divorced.

Buy what you love, use and enjoy it, and every day you’ll be rewarded for your investment. Then when you have to sell or trade it in, at the very least you’ll have a big smile and great memories, instead of a story about how you mitigated the loss on your investment. Unless you buy whatever you did just to tell others that you have one. The value in things that depreciate is the pleasure they give you!

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a coworker of mine with a prius just like this, could easily afford anything under 100K but is super proud of his moldy prius. He is always wanting to take everyone to lunch in it, the 4 of us decline and take the Raptor.
In the army, had a buddy years ago with a Prius and his bumper was held together with layers of army 100 MPH tape. It was there when he showed up and stayed on for at least the 3 years I worked with him.