Least bad financial move.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurt L

Reaction score
I know none of these are good financial moves but which one is least bad. 2024 Raptor which I have built and waiting delivery at 82k sticker, or a 2023 402A Tremor at 10k off. Seems like my 1st year depreciation would be wiped out with the discount on the tremor. At that point I have a 82k 24 Raptor vs a 63k ish 2023 tremor. I don’t “need” either one but I want to get back in a truck. Currently in a old used 120k 2016 escalade after I got out of the F450 market last summer. I keep the mid cycle refresh in mind here as that’s why I’m not looking into a 5k discounted 23 raptor

OP
OP
K

Kurt L

Reaction score
If you're going to use the Raptor for what's intended for you NEED the Raptor. If you just need a truck go with the Tremor. If you have the money to splurge...go with the Raptor. Atleast that way, you won't hate your decision later.
I have the money for the Raptor…but 20 grand is a lot when I don’t really need either. BTW I also considered another super duty for resale alone. Didn’t think a heavily discounted Tremor would be much less attractive financially than a MSRP 24 Raptor

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the money for the Raptor…but 20 grand is a lot when I don’t really need either. BTW I also considered another super duty for resale alone. Didn’t think a heavily discounted Tremor would be much less attractive financially than a MSRP 24 Raptor
Hell a Tremor with the 5.0 and all the bells and whistles might not be a bad option if you just want a truck and get to save a good bit.

OP
OP
K

Kurt L

Reaction score
I don’t typically keep trucks more than 2-3 years so I guess I was asking if I’d be down more on a heavily discounted tremor 9500-12,000 or a msrp 24 Raptor and I’ll add in a 5k discounted 23 Raptor now

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are financing get the Tremor. If you are paying cash get the Raptor. $20k savings is no joke at 7%+ APR.

Also the "mid-cycle refresh" logic will also apply to your Tremor.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Nobody starts out looking for a Tremor. They start looking for a Raptor and end up getting Tremor.
Then 6 months later they trade it for a Raptor and get double ass packed. :)