I’m Back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sold my Gen2 back in early 2021 cashing out the crazy COVID values. Replaced it with a new Ram TRX which I sold last October- was an acceleration BEAST but felt like driving a moving truck to me. Then bought a new Camaro ZL1 that lasted a couple of months this year before I sold it also- I honestly didn’t realize the seats didn’t recline fully and, at 6’1 and 200+ lbs, was extremely uncomfortable. Fortunately, I was able to buy the TRX and Camaro right, so I was able to sell them and make some money. Seems like I don’t like anything as much as a Raptor!

That’s said, about a month ago, I ordered a 2024 37 Raptor from a local dealer with an allocation at MSRP in Antimatter Blue. I’m excited about the black Recaros and HUD, but as others on here have stated, I wasn’t crazy about the available exterior colors and am very undecided as to if I like the exterior changes or not. I really wanted a Code Orange 37 with Recaros, but that color will not be available for 2024.

Fast forward to this week… happened to be on Autotrader.com scanning what was out there and found just the truck I was looking for about 2 hours away- it was ordered over a year ago and the original buyer bailed on the order- it showed up at the dealership last week and we are going to pick it up in the morning. Not thrilled about paying MSRP for a new 2023, but have been watching 37 Raptors selling like hotcakes at MSRP across the country… as the old adage goes, “if you want to play, you gotta pay”! This time, as I tell my wife often, I plan to keep the Raptor… I didn’t specify which one, though… LOL! I plan to leave my 24 on order just in case… will decide when it hits the ground whether I like it good enough to trade the 2023 on it or not. I really need to find a cheaper hobby!!!
Welcome to the Code Orange Crewe!!

j02davis

Reaction score
Sold my Gen2 back in early 2021 cashing out the crazy COVID values. Replaced it with a new Ram TRX which I sold last October- was an acceleration BEAST but felt like driving a moving truck to me. Then bought a new Camaro ZL1 that lasted a couple of months this year before I sold it also- I honestly didn’t realize the seats didn’t recline fully and, at 6’1 and 200+ lbs, was extremely uncomfortable. Fortunately, I was able to buy the TRX and Camaro right, so I was able to sell them and make some money. Seems like I don’t like anything as much as a Raptor!

That’s said, about a month ago, I ordered a 2024 37 Raptor from a local dealer with an allocation at MSRP in Antimatter Blue. I’m excited about the black Recaros and HUD, but as others on here have stated, I wasn’t crazy about the available exterior colors and am very undecided as to if I like the exterior changes or not. I really wanted a Code Orange 37 with Recaros, but that color will not be available for 2024.

Fast forward to this week… happened to be on Autotrader.com scanning what was out there and found just the truck I was looking for about 2 hours away- it was ordered over a year ago and the original buyer bailed on the order- it showed up at the dealership last week and we are going to pick it up in the morning. Not thrilled about paying MSRP for a new 2023, but have been watching 37 Raptors selling like hotcakes at MSRP across the country… as the old adage goes, “if you want to play, you gotta pay”! This time, as I tell my wife often, I plan to keep the Raptor… I didn’t specify which one, though… LOL! I plan to leave my 24 on order just in case… will decide when it hits the ground whether I like it good enough to trade the 2023 on it or not. I really need to find a cheaper hobby!!!
I saw that truck the other day online. Congrats! I’m in a similar situation have my name on waiting list at MSRP for a 24 R. But, continuously look them up online to see the prices dropping month by month, slowly. I bought 23 Reg Raptor Avalanche w/35, which i do love. Just want the power of the Super 8. Patiently waiting on the sidelines.

RollTigers

Reaction score
Congratulations on your code orange!

I love my 23 code orange 37 package. I went to a mustang club event a couple of weeks ago here in NC and let my wife drive the Raptor back while I drove her Mach 1. I followed on the hwy moving from side to side and rear checking out my truck since I’ve never seen it from this point of view. I absolutely love the truck and color. I ordered a 24 R in antimatter blue since no code orange for 24. Super bummed. I may just keep my code orange and forgo the 24. Yeah I’d love the 700+ HP but I’m extremely satisfied with what I have now.

OP
OP
TWIIGG

TWIIGG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your code orange!

I love my 23 code orange 37 package. I went to a mustang club event a couple of weeks ago here in NC and let my wife drive the Raptor back while I drove her Mach 1. I followed on the hwy moving from side to side and rear checking out my truck since I’ve never seen it from this point of view. I absolutely love the truck and color. I ordered a 24 R in antimatter blue since no code orange for 24. Super bummed. I may just keep my code orange and forgo the 24. Yeah I’d love the 700+ HP but I’m extremely satisfied with what I have now.
Thanks! Funny you mentioned following the truck checking it out… I’ve already done the same thing and only had mine 3 days… LOL! We have acute- car-itus!!! An R would be awesome for the same price, but I personally am not willing to pay the extra money for it. When I had my TRX, I drove it like a maniac enjoying the power, but it definitely came with a fuel cost and I found the only time I used the power was gapping smart alecks. I have a different mentality with my new truck… I enjoy the drive and let the speed racers go…