Unbelievably Bad Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's nice that Travis came on and showed there's someone at that dealership that's willing to deal.

Dan, I E-mailed photos to you of the sticker and supplementary sticker showing the Desert Package and the 10,000.00 Market Adjustment. So, now you do know about the over-sticker markups and desert packages.

It is nice that Travis came on and he also offered a Raptor at, what he said was, below sticker.

Phil, I didn't mean for it to sound like I doubted you regarding the over-sticker price or the desert package. I had no reason to doubt you - I was focused on the fact that Travis came here and I gave him credit for offering a Raptor at a below sticker price.

Of course you were right and here's the proof you sent to me. As you said, it's on every sticker at the place.

Note: The pictures you sent me were too large and too small - I need to resize the large one and then upload it which I'll do later tonight.

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SGFWindowSticker011w.jpg

SGFWindowSticker003w.jpg

Thanks Jason and Dan for the help! I finally figured out how to post photos.

Dan - the Desert Seal Package is on every sticker. The Raptor was the only one I saw graced with the $10,000.00 Market Adjustment.

Travis looks to be a good contact. I told a friend about this and he said he also had a good sales contact there with the fleet manager (can't remember the name). This being said, there are those who won't stand for BS spewing from the mouth of sales people. The sales guy who spoke with me didn't talk about any delays or that the 6.2 was already out. He said that they weren't going to be available for another 4-6 months. IMHO, they should train their regular, non-management people better.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope i can see detail of the "desert package" Travis. Is it like dealer option? Because, I haven't seen that thing from Ford website and even from my dealership. What can protect paint from DESERTING? Is it like bra?

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh you put the link on your post. Sorry i didnt see it. Never mind~~

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are the stickers showing the detail more clearly. It may have been obvious but it's a 5.4L Raptor.

Moroney sticker:

SGFWindowSticker002.jpg

Additional mark-up sticker and the "Desert Seal package":

SGFWindowSticker003.jpg

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've bought a lot of new cars when I was living in Southern California and a few years ago it seemed every dealer had the "added mark up". I just learned to ignore it.

Like anything else, people make the difference. I first went to Team Ford when I was looking to buy a Raptor and the salesman did one of those "we sell these as fast as we get them in" and "you'll be lucky if I can talk them into selling at sticker price" speeches.

When I asked about the 6.2, the salesman said that the 6.2 would be a "very limited edition". He said that they would be only getting something like 10 for the whole year and that I would have to pay at least $10,000 over sticker... maybe more when it came in. That was if he could talk the owner of the dealer (Steve) into allowing me to buy one! (He showed me a GT40 on the floor as an example of the markup the 6.2 would be commanding.) He also said Team Ford was the biggest Raptor dealer and no other Ford dealer in Las Vegas would be allowed to sell the 6.2.

Obviously, this salesperson was an idiot. And it lost Team Ford a sale. I went to Ford Country in Henderson and the salesperson there (a genuine car enthusiast) spent more time making sure he understood what I wanted than trying to jack up the price. He offered to deal on a 6.2 and lock in the price once the order bank opened... (this was in early December).

A couple of days later, my guy from Ford Country called me... a stock order just came in with a 5.4 that had the options I wanted. In less than 5 minutes he made me a great deal and the rest is history. (my salesperson quit Ford Country since then)

To be fair to Team Ford, since my original visit I have met some of the other Team Ford guys and heard of other experiences and realized I was unlucky on my first visit. Team Ford seems like a first rate dealer and I kinda wish I didn't live so far from them.

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
I've bought a lot of new cars when I was living in Southern California and a few years ago it seemed every dealer had the "added mark up". I just learned to ignore it.

Like anything else, people make the difference. I first went to Team Ford when I was looking to buy a Raptor and the salesman did one of those "we sell these as fast as we get them in" and "you'll be lucky if I can talk them into selling at sticker price" speeches.

When I asked about the 6.2, the salesman said that the 6.2 would be a "very limited edition". He said that they would be only getting something like 10 for the whole year and that I would have to pay at least $10,000 over sticker... maybe more when it came in. That was if he could talk the owner of the dealer (Steve) into allowing me to buy one! (He showed me a GT40 on the floor as an example of the markup the 6.2 would be commanding.) He also said Team Ford was the biggest Raptor dealer and no other Ford dealer in Las Vegas would be allowed to sell the 6.2.

Obviously, this salesperson was an idiot. And it lost Team Ford a sale. I went to Ford Country in Henderson and the salesperson there (a genuine car enthusiast) spent more time making sure he understood what I wanted than trying to jack up the price. He offered to deal on a 6.2 and lock in the price once the order bank opened... (this was in early December).

A couple of days later, my guy from Ford Country called me... a stock order just came in with a 5.4 that had the options I wanted. In less than 5 minutes he made me a great deal and the rest is history. (my salesperson quit Ford Country since then)

To be fair to Team Ford, since my original visit I have met some of the other Team Ford guys and heard of other experiences and realized I was unlucky on my first visit. Team Ford seems like a first rate dealer and I kinda wish I didn't live so far from them.

I'm sorry that happened, I can asure you, that scenario hasn't happened again with us. Steve would be livid if he knew about that little line the salesman used. We have never sold a Raptor above MSRP and its not likely to ever happen. Even though we weren't able to have you as our customer, we offer sincere congrats that you still were able to get the greatest truck in the world (to date ;) )!!!