Unbelievably Bad Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer here has 3 Raptors on the lot . All 3 are marked up $11,000.00 over sticker .

Wow, Nick. I thought my local dealer won the "worst dealer markup in North America" prize.

SVT should qualify these SVT dealerships better. The people interested in SVT vehicles are better informed than the usual car shopper and spot BS because they've done their homework. These obscene markups can't help Ford SVT sales, either.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Theres no such thing as SVT dealers anymore, all dealers sell them now

Have you ever seen a Chevy dealer that doesn't sell Vettes. Fact SVTs like Vettes are big ticket items and both dealer and the salesman make very good money off them. SVT dealers are certified by Ford like Chevy certifies Vette dealers.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... I also heard the "SVT Dealer" designation/certification was dropped and that any Ford dealer is now allowed to sell SVT models.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm... I also heard the "SVT Dealer" designation/certification was dropped and that any Ford dealer is now allowed to sell SVT models.

Heard the same thing.

My truck was a dealer locate from a Charleston, SC dealer who had a $5000 mark-up on it (not unheard of there) but when I finished the deal here in NC the mark-up was definitely not included.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a Chevy dealer that doesn't sell Vettes. Fact SVTs like Vettes are big ticket items and both dealer and the salesman make very good money off them. SVT dealers are certified by Ford like Chevy certifies Vette dealers.

Your really comparing SVT vehicles to Corvettes? No, not all dealers have them but thats not because they arent allowed to sell them. Some dealers just specialize in different vehicles. There are dealers with lots full of trucks that mainy do fleet slaes and dealers that sell lots of Corvettes and Mustangs. According to the Ford website inventory, every dealer in my area has at least one Raptor

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A month ago, a San Diego dealer had $20,000 market adjustment on his 2 in stock 6.2L's. The sales manager hinted they would take MSRP, but I wasn't going to give them my business.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no longer need an SVT designation to sell SVT vehicles. And this same thing happened when I bought my GT500. Trust that any enthusiast for any vehicle will more than likely know 100 times more than most sales guys or even dealers. I know MarkT bought his truck from my local Henderson Dealer, and I am glad he did well, but they would not go to bat for me when I went because I got stuck with a rookie sales guy who was a fool. I ended up at Team and so glad I did.. I got a great deal from an amazing bunch of guys! Bottom line, as someone stated above, those who do their homework know better, but there are ten fools out there for every one of us, and the dealers will hunt them down first!