Unbelievably Bad Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, the problem while there are intelligent people who won't buy a vehicle at over-sticker there are always some who will pay it because they (a) haven't done any research and (b) don't mind paying over sticker. If no one paid over sticker no dealers could charge it.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, the problem while there are intelligent people who won't buy a vehicle at over-sticker there are always some who will pay it because they (a) haven't done any research and (b) don't mind paying over sticker. If no one paid over sticker no dealers could charge it.

Thats true.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Car dealers exist in a parallel universe. Telling myself that is the only way I can deal with them and not lose my sanity. Report them to Ford, im sure thier new marketing dept would hate to have them hanging around much longer :nutswinger:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd ping them and see what they say about their Raptor in stock. I went to their website, filled out their contact us form and got this automated response:

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your interest in the 2010 Ford F-150! Within this e-mail you will find relevant information on the exciting new features of the Ford F-150 as well as helpful information about finance, insurance and other important next steps.

Within 24 hours, a representative from St. George Ford Lincoln Mercury will be contacting you with specific vehicle information, pricing and availability. Should you require assistance before then, please do not hesitate to contact St. George Ford Lincoln Mercury using the information provided below:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got another automated response from their internet sales guy. If I was looking to buy a vehicle, this is the contact (at any dealership) I'd be dealing with by phone and/or email...

To: danf91392 at yahoo dot com
Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 4:25:50 AM
Subject: Your inquiry has been recieved

Dan,
Thank you for contacting St. George Ford Lincoln Mercury. Our dealership's Internet Department will be contacting you within 24 hours, if time permits within a few minutes of the current business day with information on requested vehicles. It is our mission to answer all of your questions promptly and completely. Because any information sent is important and time critical, we will be sending you a personalized email and following up with a phone call to make sure all of your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

In the meantime, feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you might have. You can also browse our inventory online at http://www.stgeorgeford.com/dealerconnection/web/home.asp?DealerID=8824 which is updated nightly from our in-house computer system.

In order to serve you best, please let us know if you have worked with someone from our dealership before.

We are looking forward to being your single best choice for all automotive needs and earning your business everyday.

Respectfully,

Travis Hunt
435-674-3218

And here's the email I sent him:

To: sales at sgford dot com
Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 5:05:18 AM
Subject: Re: Your inquiry has been recieved

Hello Travis,

I understand you have a Raptor in stock. Can you tell me what options are on it, what color it is, what the MSRP is on it and what your sale price is for it?

I am out of town this week so please contact me only by email.

Thanks,

-Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Sales Manager

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Got an email (below). It's a 5.4L Raptor not a 6.2L

To: danf
Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 11:00:56 AM
Subject: RE: Re: Your inquiry has been recieved

Hi Dan,

Here is the link to the window sticker for the raptor I have in stock. I am actually out of the office myself till tuesday or wednesday. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be in touch soon.

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.c...93d135496b53383e44fb&pacode=07969&modelid=173

Travis

I sent him an email back asking him about the price.

We'll see what I get back from him...

Nick B

Reaction score
Local dealer here has 3 Raptors on the lot . All 3 are marked up $11,000.00 over sticker .

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jackalope more like ****** dealers would it even be a worthwhile to try and be a salesperson just so everyone could think your the slime of the earth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc