Unbelievably Bad Deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went by my local dealer as they had a Raptor sitting out in front. I wanted to get some measurements and figured it was late enough that the sales team had gone home. Wrong.

I went up to the truck and glanced at the sticker. It was a pretty basic 5.4 that had a sticker of $40,220.00. I was floored that it also had a dealer sticker with "$695.00 - Desert Package" and "$10,000.00 - Market Adjustement," for a total price of $50,915.00! The truck had obviously been "tested." Its tire's tread edges were already worn.

While I was picking my jaw up off the ground, a salesman came up with his hand out and a big smile. "What do you think of THIS bad boy?" he asked. I told him I thought it was obscenely overpriced and that I wanted a 6.2 anyway. He said, "Well, you've heard about those, right? They're not out yet and it will be four to six months before they can be ordered." This was yesterday. I wanted so badly to tell him I was picking up my 6.2 Raptor on Monday or Tuesday but thought I better not say anything and just get my measurements. I did, then left.

I am so glad I'm dealing with Team Ford in Las Vegas and not my hometown dealership.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C'mon Phil. Post up the name of the dealership. We're all friends here and we need to help each other out (and maybe squeeze our good friends at corporate to tell those jackwagons to get on the stick!). :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

Phil Howell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
St. George Ford.

It's too bad the sales department is so bad, because the service department is top-notch. The techs there know their stuff.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my Raptor in Henderson, NV my salesman told me 3 people from Utah bought cars there that day... he said they sell a lot of Fords to Utah residents... seemed odd to me at the time but now it makes sense.

way2evil

Reaction score
What a bunch of morons. When I come across dealers like that I just leave and laugh knowing that they will sit on that truck for months. Just yesterday I was on the phone with a dealer that said he wanted 2500 over sticker and that this is a limited production vehicle, there is no 2011 coming out, and that they only made 1500 of them for 2010. I laughed then hung up.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same story here.
when i was looking for Raptor first time, i found one in dealership which near my home. I went there and saw the window sticker, and it said, "+$5,000"
i asked a dealer and he said "thats because this model is sooooooo rare that u cant find anywhere else. And you know what, Ford is gonna end up producing this model soon. Maybe they already did." I told him, "Ok. I know this truck is rare and damn good, but this price is insane. If I get one with regular price, Ill drive here and show you."
And now I got deal with another dealer under $ 50,000 for 6.2 fully loaded except graphic and moonroof.
I cant wait to show them my Raptor!!

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So according to that salesman....my raptor doesnt exist?!?! the very one in my drive way?!?!?....WTF kind of world am I living in?!?!? And yea, WAY over priced. "Desert Package" What the balls is that?!?!