Ok here's the deal..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have had issues with shifting on my 2018 for a few years and finally got it looked at. It wasn't to bad in the beginning but got worse over time. I figured it just needed a reflash. Nope. I have 80k+ miles on it and its has an extended warranty.

The issue was the valve body. My warranty company is wanting to replace the whole transmission rather then just the valve body(I believe they have had issues with just replace the valve body and no require the whole tranny get replace). My question is, are there any upgrades I should be making when they put a new tranny in? What performance mods should I get that they can install when installing the new trans?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not sure. I haven't looked into any transmission mods apart from Goosetuned's TCM tune and a bigger cooler.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can always get a built 10R80 with stronger internals and stronger pumps to give more PSI on shift pressures within the valve bodies. I've seen 750, 900, and 1200 WHP rated models. Im on several mustang chats and alot of them buy and sell these units. Unless you go with a built motor i don't think those would be necessary. You should be fine with a simple cooler upgrade.