Need Help Finding Valve Body Shift Sequence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingSVTRaptor

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Gen 1 Raptor that I had the transmission rebuilt in this summer. Fast forward 6 months and my PCM was fried by an arcing ignition coil. The truck would not start and the PCM was not communicating with any scanners or computers.

It’s now at the dealer and they have replaced the PCM and programmed the keys to it. The truck is now starting just fine after programming but the tag containing the code for the valve body shift sequence was removed by the transmission rebuilder when they cleaned the case. The Ford dealer wants to replace the valve body for about $2k and the transmission rebuilder is not taking any culpability for the removal of the tag.

Is there another place where the shift sequence for the transmission valve body can be found? I’ve researched the forum but have found conflicting information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
KingSVTRaptor

KingSVTRaptor

Reaction score
The 13-digit solenoid body strategy is etched on the main control casting. They just need to drop the pan and retrieve it from there.
Thanks for chiming in. My service advisor at the dealer got back to me. They’ve dropped the pan and he’s saying that there is no strategy etched on the main control casing. They are now adding a trans service to the bill since they had to evacuate the trans fluid in the process.

I’m left with a couple of questions. Is the truck drivable without programming the shift strategy? Is there a build sheet or any other place where this strategy can be found? As it stands, I am stuck with having to replace the valve body.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in. My service advisor at the dealer got back to me. They’ve dropped the pan and he’s saying that there is no strategy etched on the main control casing. They are now adding a trans service to the bill since they had to evacuate the trans fluid in the process.

I’m left with a couple of questions. Is the truck drivable without programming the shift strategy? Is there a build sheet or any other place where this strategy can be found? As it stands, I am stuck with having to replace the valve body.
The transmission will be damaged if the incorrect shift solenoid strategy is used or if it’s not programmed. Here is the location of where the strategy should be on the main control, if it’s not there I would be concerned as to why it is missing.

1704042369535.jpeg

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As FT1 mentioned, its etched onto the valve body.
Did the trans shop even replace your original valve body, I bet they used your original and maybe replaced the Lead Frame only.
The transmission shop never had to "reprogram the shift sequence" so it wan not altered.
My guess is the ford dealer has an inept tech that has never noticed the markings before.

OP
OP
KingSVTRaptor

KingSVTRaptor

Reaction score
I’ve spoken with the shop that rebuilt the transmission and with the dealer. The
The transmission will be damaged if the incorrect shift solenoid strategy is used or if it’s not programmed. Here is the location of where the strategy should be on the main control, if it’s not there I would be concerned as to why it is missing.

View attachment 438670
Thanks for that info. The dealer is saying that both the solenoid ID and shift strategy should be stamped there which appears to be inaccurate according to the picture you posted. Where would the solenoid ID be found and is it necessary for programming the transmission to the PCM?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KingSVTRaptor

KingSVTRaptor

Reaction score
As FT1 mentioned, its etched onto the valve body.
Did the trans shop even replace your original valve body, I bet they used your original and maybe replaced the Lead Frame only.
The transmission shop never had to "reprogram the shift sequence" so it wan not altered.
My guess is the ford dealer has an inept tech that has never noticed the markings before.
The trans shop says that they did not replace the valve body. The dealer says they did. It appears that you’re right and the tech isn’t very well versed.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this to them and they say the shift strategy isn’t something Ford provides on the AS-Built. Any idea where I may be able to find an AS-Built?
That’s correct. As-Built does not contain the transmission main control solenoid strategy.