Shift System Fault- 1 month at service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been getting a shift system fault/ service soon warning on my dash. It has happened before and usually clears within a minute and doesn't come back. I've also had it at the dealer a few times in the past when I've gotten the warning and each time they said it was fixed and good to go. Last month it started happening again and this time a lot more frequent. Each time I get the warning it still drives like normal with no noticeable changes.. I dropped it off at the dealer on Jan 22nd (almost a month ago,) they had it for a week and called to say it was fixed and ready for pick up. I went down to the dealer got in the truck and got the same shift system fault on start up. Brought the tech over and he plugged his laptop in and said the shift control module needed to be replaced. Got a call a week later saying it had been replaced and was good to go. That afternoon I got a message on my Ford Pass app (truck was still at the dealer) that there was another shift system fault. Called my service advisor to let him know and he confirmed. At that point he said that he didn't know what was causing the problem and that he would need to contact the ford hotline engineers to find out what to do next... Still waiting.. Has anyone else had this issue and found the cause/fix for the problem?

C12E1996-7DBE-4593-932A-2158C02F7B60.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter