2024 Raptor Pro Power Needs Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings. Did a bit of googling on this and it seems like the Pro Power units throw errors more than they do power tools. 136 miles on my 2024 Raptor and getting “ProPower Onboard service needed”. I saw a few people that said their factory Pro Power harnesses were not plugged in. I have checked all of them and reseated (minus the one inside the dash) so all tight as far as I can tell. The system doesn’t power up or anything. Just throws the message. I cant find any recalls or TSBs on these either. My experience with the dealers on all things electrical are usually poor unless they have a specific TSB to work from. Im not super confident in their ability to troubleshoot things like this and cant be without my truck while they throw parts at it. Kind of seems software related. Anyone have this experience with their 2024 Raptor and have had luck fixing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it state “Pro Power Onboard Not Available”? If f so Ford released a service message to dealers advising that this is being caused by the module software and an update is targeted to be available 3rd Quarter via OTA update or dealer scan tool.

OP
OP
2022 Ruth

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it state “Pro Power Onboard Not Available”? If f so Ford released a service message to dealers advising that this is being caused by the module software and an update is targeted to be available 3rd Quarter via OTA update or dealer scan tool.

Not those specific words but hints at that.

What’s funny is it happens right when you start it so the factory or the dealer would have absolutely seen it.

I tempted to try to remove it in forscan and just remove all the equipment and use my portable generator.

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpeg
    IMG_0475.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
2022 Ruth

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s at the dealer now. We will see.

I’m not very picky about stuff but the Ford Experience is really in trouble when compared to the European dealer experience. Even for significantly lesser priced cars. Interesting to see how things have changed (for good or bad) after owning ford trucks for over 30 years. Im a die hard Ford fan but it’s getting tougher each year to stay that way.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s at the dealer now. We will see.

I’m not very picky about stuff but the Ford Experience is really in trouble when compared to the European dealer experience. Even for significantly lesser priced cars. Interesting to see how things have changed (for good or bad) after owning ford trucks for over 30 years. Im a die hard Ford fan but it’s getting tougher each year to stay that way.

HAHAHAHAHAHA European service departments get a cr@p ton of practice, and are just masking the pain by treating you really well so that in times like this, when your American vehicle has trouble, you can feel better about spending so much time in service departments for your European rides rationalizing your choice.

I’m sure there’s room for the way service customers are treated by us carmakers, and all the rest but if you look objectively, it’s not as black and white.

OP
OP
2022 Ruth

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience is that the main European brands have no more service issues when new than that of american cars. After 50K miles, thats another story.

My wifes car gets dropped off for service, she pulls into the bay, gets out of her car, someone even opens the door for her and greets her, does some paperwork and gets into the loaner and leaves. Now that I think of it, maybe it’s because I dont have ****. That would explain most of this.

I take mine in for a 10:00 appointment. I stand in their bay for 10 mins waiting for a service employee as I watch 5 other employees showing each other stuff on their phones. I finally get someone to take the truck. I walk accross the parking lot to get my rental. I stand there for 20 mins. They run my credit card and I have to show proof of insurance. They tell me that the rental costs x amount per day and to return it with a full tank of gas or get charged 10 dollars a gallon. All because my 85K truck is throwing error codes on day 4 of ownership. Im not complaining, just a very different experience. Like going to OddLots vs Saks 5th Avenue although the prices are the same :).

OP
OP
2022 Ruth

2022 Ruth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future readers with this issue, dealer called. They will have my truck a week while they wait for parts. They say they need to replace the outlet panel in the back.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For future readers with this issue, dealer called. They will have my truck a week while they wait for parts. They say they need to replace the outlet panel in the back.
wrong answer.
the correct answer is “your truck is drivable so come pick it up and we’ll schedule you for when the parts are ready"

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks you are getting treated badly, but it sounds like you need a different dealer, not a different brand. My dealer has always treated me really well. They would have had me pick up my truck and bring it back when the part comes. There is someone at my truck in under a minute when I pull into the drive through to drop it off. My loaner is always ready when I drop off my truck, a 30 second walk from where they took my truck. The techs are on top of things.

The only issue I ever had was when the front attachment of the bottom part of the passenger seat cover came loose and had to be replaced with a new seat cover. It was very poorly fitted when I picked it up. They knew it and were thinking it would get better with time and being in the sun. I wasn't happy with that, and they knew it, but were unsure what to do about it. I called Ford and they made an appointment with a different dealer who fixed it to look like new. The day after I got it back from the other dealer, my dealer called me to ask if I wanted it taken to an upholstery shop to have them make it better, on their dime. There are good dealers out there.

Last edited: