Mistaking the 2023 Raptor R for the 2024 Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
I'm guessing everyone wants to jump on the 2024 Raptor R bandwagon, so much so that I'm getting sick of seeing 2024 Raptor R videos and it turns out to be the 2023 model . What was the icing on the cake for me, was seeing the first 2024 Raptor R hands on review article, me off course in my excitement to read up on any new info on the 2024 Raptor R opened the link, and to my surprise and disappointment found the article was talking about the authors experience driving the 2024 Raptor R, only to find all the pictures are for the 2023 Raptor R ‍:emotions34:. I guess people would do anything for clicks these days. The article in question from a site called topspeed.com, and you can find the article in question here.

OP
OP
RaptorQ8t

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Yes I recall seeing that video, and others like it from when they announced it. I am looking forward to seeing some owner feedback, and real world reviews.

Neens

Reaction score
As far as I know only 1 2024 r has actually made it out into the wild. Need to wait for some to hit dealers lots to see new videos and reviews.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not convinced that veteran that got the first one has taken delivery. Maybe ford just invited him to the factory to see his truck or a similar spec he is getting. The photos were all inside and he wasn’t even in the driver seat. Generally a press car would be the first to be released and yet zero reviews which means it hasn’t been “released”

OP
OP
RaptorQ8t

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
Exactly, once I see the press car out and about I would know that all the subsquent videos, and articles could be legit. Till now no sighting except for the odd car show from time to time. Whenever I see a Youtube video claiming to try a 2024 Raptor R only to be a 2023 Raptor R I would call them out in the comments lol.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see any 2024 in the wild. Which is wild considering usually you would see 2024s in October of 2023.

OP
OP
RaptorQ8t

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
I have yet to see any 2024 in the wild. Which is wild considering usually you would see 2024s in October of 2023.
Yeah it's crazy! Consdering how it's not even out in the US, our local dealer here has informed me that they haven't even been able to put an order in for any 2024 Raptor R. Meaning I probably won't see mine till October, and that's if I am lucky.