2024 Raptor R order difficulties.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vill

Reaction score
Last week, when the 2024 Raptor R was announced, I began calling dealers to place an order. I've called over 30 dealerships, and only one let me order a Raptor R. The other dealerships all said they could not order one due to allocations. More than half of the dealerships I called didn't even know a new Raptor had been announced. The markup on the Raptor R also varies vastly from dealer to dealer. The highest markup was 100k, and the lowest was MSRP, with the average markup being 25k. One dealer even asked me what would be the most I would pay over sticker so they could compare offers from other individuals. While I understand that the Raptor R is a special-order vehicle, I don't think ordering one should be this difficult.
For the people who have placed an order for the 2024 Raptor R, did you experience these difficulties, or was it an easy process?

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to order a 21 EB Raptor and a 23 R and pretty much the same as you. Finally only few dealers put my name on the list and one dealer ultimately made a deal with me.

BTW I think a reasonable markup signals they are serious, either 0 or 100k is not realistic. Of course you can even get one from the lot if you pay 100k over lol.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Need to start thread to dump all of these "I got screwed on trying to order Raptor R" threads.

Nothing has changed from '23s to '24s--dealer will continue to maximize profits, people will continue to get screwed and don't believe anything your dealer tells you until you sign all paperwork and have keys in your hands. Until then you are screwed.

So yes it's "easy" :rolleyes:

spaceaholic

Reaction score
Placed an order for a 2024 Raptor R, Shelter Green @ 10K over MSRP with a local dealer last Wendsday. Nobody has allocations yet but the order bank is open. 24 will be an interesting year as the Fed continues to raise rates to combat inflation which in "normal times" would suppress the inventory of eligible buyers for luxury vehicles.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week, when the 2024 Raptor R was announced, I began calling dealers to place an order. I've called over 30 dealerships, and only one let me order a Raptor R. The other dealerships all said they could not order one due to allocations. More than half of the dealerships I called didn't even know a new Raptor had been announced. The markup on the Raptor R also varies vastly from dealer to dealer. The highest markup was 100k, and the lowest was MSRP, with the average markup being 25k. One dealer even asked me what would be the most I would pay over sticker so they could compare offers from other individuals. While I understand that the Raptor R is a special-order vehicle, I don't think ordering one should be this difficult.
For the people who have placed an order for the 2024 Raptor R, did you experience these difficulties, or was it an easy process?
Easy process for me, called my dealer I buy all my trucks from, went through the build sheet, he sent it to me to sign, I signed it and it was a done deal, just like on my 23MY Raptor R and every other Ford truck I’ve ordered - No hassles at all. I’ve been loyal to him though and have bought close to 100 trucks from him for personal and for my business over the years so that probably feeds into the customer service they give me.

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy process for me, called my dealer I buy all my trucks from, went through the build sheet, he sent it to me to sign, I signed it and it was a done deal, just like on my 23MY Raptor R and every other Ford truck I’ve ordered - No hassles at all. I’ve been loyal to him though and have bought close to 100 trucks from him for personal and for my business over the years so that probably feeds into the customer service they give me.
So basically OP just buy 100 trucks and you'll have your Raptor R.

PK37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly how my 23 went also… there are some dealers out there that still do business the right way… I’m glad I went for the 23… Iconic Silver is a stealthy looking ride without the graphics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter