Mistaking the 2023 Raptor R for the 2024 Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those obviously aren't R models in that video, but I think the '23 looks way better in most regards.

The '24 grille is way too busy with the squiggly lines above and below the FORD. The '23 grille looks way more classy.

The '24 headlights look like a bunch of different parts slapped together instead of a unified design like the '23.

The '24 taillights look like something you'd get from Ebay. The '23 tailights look like something Ford would make.

I love the change to black from grey on the trim on the 24' though- the grey trim is old and busted after 14 years of the same thing.

Both non-R models sound like total ass when he started them.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those obviously aren't R models in that video, but I think the '23 looks way better in most regards.

The '24 grille is way too busy with the squiggly lines above and below the FORD. The '23 grille looks way more classy.

The '24 headlights look like a bunch of different parts slapped together instead of a unified design like the '23.

The '24 taillights look like something you'd get from Ebay. The '23 tailights look like something Ford would make.

I love the change to black from grey on the trim on the 24' though- the grey trim is old and busted after 14 years of the same thing.

Both non-R models sound like total ass when he started them.
The 21-23 was a little cleaner of a design in my opinion, but 24 is growing on me. I really prefer the 21-23 lights, when you look at them they look clean and simple, and the light portion (ignoring the drl part) look like a modern OBS rectangular headlight which I love.

OP
OP
RaptorQ8t

RaptorQ8t

Reaction score
This guy is fairly annoying but the exterior comparison is pretty good. 2024 for the WIN!

That guy is definitely annoying lol. So far the best video I have found is this one:

So far I like the new interface compared to the 23 (looks fresher, and more crisp). I am waiting on a 23 vs 24 Raptor R video side by side. Plus performance numbers between the two will be interesting.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like inside the tach it shows what gear you are in all the time - miss that in my 23 27pp and liked it in my Gen 2

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the “textured” (if that’s even the correct word for it) Ford letters on the grille and tailgate. Still not sure if I like the squiggly lines in the grille or the Tron-themed tail lights