Transmission Valve body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jg1337

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I purchased a New OEM Valve body P/N: FL FL3Z-7A100-E and after a crazy delay, I finally pulled and rebuild my 6R80, however....
When I pulled the Valve body from the box, I noticed several differences. The main thing that jumped out at me was that there is a factory hole in the body itself distinguishing it as a newer design.

The V/B went in without any issues but I've yet to finish the installation and run the truck. I am now worried that I am going to burn down all my new Raybestos GPZ clutches and Circle D converter if this doesn't work with the trans body.

Attached is the pic of the hole that from my research doesn't do anything.

The factory part numbers shows that it has been replaced with this newer one, any thoughts??

Attachments

• VB.jpg
    VB.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 14

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For a 2012 I’m seeing FL3Z-7A100-E as the current version, so you have the right one. The catalog notes the following:

“Replacement Part May Look Different Than Original, But Will Fit And Function Just Like The Old Part”

“From: 12-01-2010 To: 12-23-2014”

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete oversight on my part.

Attached for the next guy.

Thank you!!
So no issues? I just purchased a used valve body that has the same hole. Was wondering if I needed to use the different trans filter that would fit into it, or the standard one, with one tube. Plan to install the regular filter with one tube at the moment, hoping it doesn't cause any problems.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing and lost my strategy number. paper work ...Any ideas where its on the valve body? I have the same one as above. Thanks