Any transmission guru's in here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh my bad - yeah you're situation is above my pay grade lol. I am a regular RAPTOR and yours is not normal by far haha. I had this same discussion with others a while back.

I mentioned that I would not want to go over 600 wheel because everything else around the damn truck would break down.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all, with the added power, drive train has been pretty solid. I have axle exchange drive shaft. I had the rear diff oil checked when my slipping occurred. All looked good there. No glitter and the gears looked clean. Had the shop not messed up the harness and let it sit on the header pipe, I'd probably be on oem tranny with no mods. Truck has 92K on it.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck drinking the "prep" fluid. Did the pharmacist try not to laugh when they handed you the ridiculous paint bucket-size jug to guzzle down?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just think when you start adding wild amounts of power, you need a whole shop on standby preparing to fix your shit or upgrade it wildly after it breaks for the 2nd 3rd and 4th time.

Guardrail

Reaction score
When I replaced the valvebody in my trans, it came with a calibration tag. After I installed it, I sent it to the dealer on a rollback to upload the new calibration data for solenoids in the valvebody. I was told don't even try to drive it before programming it. I put the stock tune back on it. When I picked it up from the dealer, I put my handheld tuner on it, got the new calibration code, sent it to 5star, they sent a new tune. I uploaded it to the truck and never had a problem afterwords