Needing Input Please - Transmission Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the drum brake for the e-brake is a thing? I guess that makes sense. I did install some moritomo Xb headlights and was using the e-brake a few times to check drl and turn signals. Dang it. Oh well, I’ll fix it and move on. Thanks all.

bwep

Reaction score
My caliper slide pins dried up, no grease. this was at 60,000 miles. Would make some strange creaking, popping noises. Replaced pins, greased. Pads and rotors were still in good shape. No more strange noises from the back.

Last edited:

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bulkhead connector on the 6r80 loves to leak, I'd have that checked out for sure, mine dumped a quart of atf on my driveway one time, replacement was real quick and pretty inexpensive. Good luck man.
This is the most common leak spot .
That connector is only good to be reconnected a time or two. It leaks down the back side and has the same drip pattern your picture shows.

While you are replacing the rear trans seal, I would replace the seal on the output of the T-Case. Having the slip yoke in and out a bunch lately, you may end up with a leak there soon..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter