Reset Transmission Tables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Gen 2 Raptor SCREW 145k
From time to time I will use the FORScan app to reset the transmission tables when trans starts shifting weird. There are 3 options in tcm section
1. Adaption tables
2. Reset all adaptations
3. Reset tcm control module

I usually reset all 3. Does anyone know if the order matters?

Also - should I be resetting anything on the ECM side also when I do this? I had the TSB done when it was in warranty but this reset seems to do the job. Wish I could have that valve body replaced again.

Forgot to include that after a reset I do the factory ford relearn procedures

Thanks for any info

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The valve body does not need to be replaced if it operates properly after an adaptive reset.

You can’t just do an adaptive reset and expect it to learn by itself; there is a specific drive cycle that needs to be performed afterward. That’s likely why you continue to have concerns after the reset is completed.

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
The valve body does not need to be replaced if it operates properly after an adaptive reset.

You can’t just do an adaptive reset and expect it to learn by itself; there is a specific drive cycle that needs to be performed afterward. That’s likely why you continue to have concerns after the reset is completed.
Yes sorry I follow the ford relearn process and repeat the exact amount of times on the report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter