Transmission running hot in sand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a brand new jasper transmission with an AFE deep aluminum vented pan that holds 7 extra quarts and the other day when I was running on the beach I had to stop and let it cool down because it wasn’t far from the yellow mark on my 2012 raptor …. Any suggestions , help , insight

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
It’s full of fluid … reputable shop installed new jasper transmission… it’s running 198 under normal driving … spiked on the beach..

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
It’s full of fluid … reputable shop installed new jasper transmission… it’s running 198 under normal driving … spiked on the beach..

Do you have lights or anything in front of the radiator? You can install a better external transmission cooler.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2020 GMC 1500 AT4. First time out in the dunes of COOS BAY OR and the trans temp light came on and the truck went into limp mode.

Moral of the story.... Turned out the truck was a giant piece of chit. If I was a betting man id say that rebuilt trans you have is a giant piece of chit or something else is wrong.

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah , maybe I need to research a better oil cooler …. I thought the deep pan with 7 extra quarts of fluid would have really helped to keep it cool but I guess not