Transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bochy

Reaction score
Hi guys , I have a 2017 ford raptor and I started having some transmission problems , slipping gears , I took it to the dealership and they pull out some codes (p0732) (p07f6) and they said I need a new transmission, i don’t have warranty and the cost is 10k I was thinking on changing the transmission filter maybe low pressure on the transmission because of clogged filter is causing that problem , what you guys think ?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slipping gears? At full throttle or just 2K rpm regular shifts? How much RPM flair are you having?

thayes614

Reaction score
My 18 w/90k VERY EASY miles and no aftermarket tune just grenaded itself. Popped from 1-3 and locked itself up repeatedly on the 3-1 at 8mph. Was able to force it to shift from 3 directly to 8 by keeping power applied and rolling through the dead spot. Was 150 miles from home in the Mtn's. No choice but to try and make it. The last several months the 4-5 shift seemed harsh (not in Sport or Baja mode) and the downshift from 3-1 was harsh. Pulled the pan and chunks were everywhere. Not going to the dealership, but friend has a shop and ordering a re-man from Ford and he will swap out for less than dealership.

I will be going GooseTune w/TCM going forward to eliminate the possibility of weak line pressure and weirdo shift points. I have heard from many folks that he fixes the factory short comings on the trans tune, as well as the power gains/smooth delivery.

Question: anyone else experience the 2018 failure and upgraded to Goosetune???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter