Laundry list of problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave4

Reaction score
So I am I need of advice on my 2018 Raptor, mainly whether to get out of it or not. I purchased it 2 years ago with 36k on the odo with an all-in extended warranty (paid $70k and 2400 for the e/w). Truck was slightly modified with Borla cat back, AEM intake and a matte blue wrap. 208A package with sunroof. Since then, it has been in the shop multiple times for sunroof mech failure (replaced), leaking rear pinion seal, failed rear glass heaters (replaced glass), broken right strut, intermittent left hub locker, and leaking front axle boot (replaced). So far ~$18k all under ext. warranty.The transmission recode and cam phasers have been dealt with, but I am afraid that I am sitting on a time bomb. My extended warranty runs out at 5yrs/100k, so I have some time. Thinking of getting into a new Ram instead. Should I hold strong or bail before something catastrophic happens?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius that you think a Ram will have better reliability.

You have purchased a 5+ year old truck. All vehicles will have issues. The bigger question is why did you buy a Raptor? Why do you think a Ram will fit that bill? As I already said, every vehicle has their issues. And to be fair, the ones you listed sound minor. I mean, a pinion seal? Come on man...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pictures. Or it’s a prius.

The twin panel moonroof is a known, infamous problem. Use an internet search engine of your choice with “F series moonroof broke”. You should see high 6 figure results, maybe low 7 figures by now. The glass is large and has a large contact surface with the rubber ‘gasket’ and over time it sticks. When it sticks, it can often be with enough force that when the rearward movement of the glass is commanded, it snaps the moon roof tracks.
-workaround: ALWAYS open the moonroof to the vent position first. ALWAYS.
-preventative: use Ford’s Krytox grease to lube the front panel seals.

leaking rear pinion seal, failed rear glass heaters (replaced glass), broken right strut, intermittent left hub locker, and leaking front axle boot (replaced).
I had the latter happen, caught it while I was doing other work.
your other issues appear to be less common ones.

I feel for you though, I’ve had that overwhelming feeling of dread with a couple vehicles.
I’ll give you $7500.00 for it right now, DM me when you’re ready to off load this time bomb.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems it was easier for Bruce Jenner to become Caitlin than for people to off a vehicle. Dump it, life’s short. But don’t expect a Ram to be any more reliable. I’ve owned 5 f150s and they’ve all been reliable, yes, some small annoying problems, but overall great. I had a brand new 911. It had some dumb hill hold feature. Felt like it didn’t work right. Made me nuts. I dumped it after a month. In fact went through 6 brand new Porsches. Traded some for missing options, color, etc. it’s only money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter