show of hands, who likes supercharger whine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GM got rid of supercharger whine starting with the 2012 CTS-V. I drove one at the dealer and was so elated that it had zero whine, I bought that car on the spot. 3 years later my new CTS-V coupe also had zero whine.

Interesting that about 1/2 of the respondents like a little whine with their drive. Honestly I would not have guessed that.

If it had been a wagon you probably could sell it for 1.2-1.5 times what you paid for it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it’d get a lil old in a TRX type DD or if you DD a track hawk, I don’t think it sounds bed, they are all roots type blowers & those typically are louder/higher pitched than a centrifugal type like the Vortech T3 in my C5 Z06, course the BOV is louder w/ the centrifugal aftermarket blower. I don’t hear the whine much on that setup under throttle buts it’s constant @ idle

It’s only a good thing on a performance/hobby car, can be annoying on a DD

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I think it’d get a lil old in a TRX type DD or if you DD a track hawk, I don’t think it sounds bed, they are all roots type blowers & those typically are louder/higher pitched than a centrifugal type like the Vortech T3 in my C5 Z06, course the BOV is louder w/ the centrifugal aftermarket blower. I don’t hear the whine much on that setup under throttle buts it’s constant @ idle

It’s only a good thing on a performance/hobby car, can be annoying on a DD
I strongly disagree.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you think it would get annoying you've never been in a vehicle with one. It isn't something that whines nonstop crazy decibels. It's music to your ears when it does whine. It's one of the positives to a screw that you don't get with a centrifugal.

EDIT Ported Eaton's Scream! This was before the KenneBell.

Attachments

• 100_0762.jpg
    100_0762.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: