2nd Gen Ford Raptor vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We will all know if the TRX is an all time classic like the Raptor, if and when there is some feature of the TRX that owners of every other brand of truck that wish they had a raptor begins copying like the 3 marker lights on the grill. There are many more trucks on the road that aren't raptors that have the after market markers

Technically the TRX needs the marker lights. DOT requires it for the width. Tacoma Pro does not need them.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We will all know if the TRX is an all time classic like the Raptor, if and when there is some feature of the TRX that owners of every other brand of truck that wish they had a raptor begins copying like the 3 marker lights on the grill. There are many more trucks on the road that aren't raptors that have the after market markers

The three marker lights are required by law on vehicles above a certain width ...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Not exactly a TRX exclusive but...12" infotainment screen? If the Raptor gets close to 700 HP, and launch control, does that mean the TRX is a classic? I suppose the screen and launch control are things that TRX copied from other vehicles. HP is something new perhaps in a way, but adding HP in a truck is typical.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Those people are called poseurs.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

gen 1 raptor owners already tried “copying” what Ram created w/ the TRX before they even created it- adding a blower to a V8 lol!

In the wake of what seems to be a massive influx of EV/hybrid vehicles & what appears to be the pinnacle of ICE’s I’m pretty ******** sure a 707hp giant Ram TRX is gonna be one to remember for the ages.

is the H1 a dinosaur & anemic in the power dept (relatively speaking) yeah, is it a classic- also yes

My biggest curiosities in regards to how this compares to the raptor is a) if fords putting the GT500 engine in the Raptor, instead of “just” a 30-40hp advantage.....are they actually gonna put these paddle shifters to work & drop the DCT in it too? That’s a game changer IMO & b) I think it’s extremely possibly given the way these EB motors respond to tunes & the fact the “Base” raptor will also have elec motors that the fastest Baja truck may still wind up being the “regular” lighter weight easier to mod powerboost raptor lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
gen 1 raptor owners already tried “copying” what Ram created w/ the TRX before they even created it- adding a blower to a V8 lol!

True, except without OEM engineering and durability.

In the wake of what seems to be a massive influx of EV/hybrid vehicles & what appears to be the pinnacle of ICE’s I’m pretty ******** sure a 707hp giant Ram TRX is gonna be one to remember for the ages.

is the H1 a dinosaur & anemic in the power dept (relatively speaking) yeah, is it a classic- also yes

Let the sheeple follow the masses. There was a time when gasoline was discarded as a byproduct of Kerosene production, just as there as a time was a time when Tesla included free charging with their vehicles. No energy source is free; it's supply vs. demand. I'd gladly roll past the clowns lined up at their "supercharger" stations in my "ICE". In fact, that already happened on a trip from LA to SF. Teslas lined up for a mile waiting for "Supercharging" at Kettleman city while I Powerstroked right on by in my 3.0 Diesel F-150, making the trip on less than one tank of fuel. EV has it's business case for city cars and certain commercial applications, but it's not an advantage for the average rural or suburban consumer.

My biggest curiosities in regards to how this compares to the raptor is a) if fords putting the GT500 engine in the Raptor, instead of “just” a 30-40hp advantage.....are they actually gonna put these paddle shifters to work & drop the DCT in it too? That’s a game changer IMO & b) I think it’s extremely possibly given the way these EB motors respond to tunes & the fact the “Base” raptor will also have elec motors that the fastest Baja truck may still wind up being the “regular” lighter weight easier to mod powerboost raptor lol

The Tremec TR-9070 is a high performance car transmission, not a truck transmission. Tremec is Tier 1 in manual transmission and DCT, but they don't offer a similar unit for an F-150 application. The 10R has the ability to shift at DCT speeds and actually weighs approximately the same as the TR-9070, so no reason to count it out.