2nd Gen Ford Raptor vs Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
As a former Dodge/Ram owner of 20 years (used 1998 Dodge Dakota, Brand New 2004 Ram 2500 Hemi, and then a Brand new 2012 Ram Power Wagon) and now an owner of a 2020 Ford Raptor for roughly nine months, I decided to put a little Raptor/TRX comparison together. I’m using my 2020 Raptor as the base for comparison (specs below), and I built a TRX based off of the same options and attached the PDF to this post (minus the sunroof because I really didn’t want one, but it came with my truck). For fun I’m going to post this on a Ford Raptor Forum as well as a Hellcat Forum (links below), and see where the discussion goes from here.

Ford Raptor Forum Link: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/2nd-gen-ford-raptor-vs-ram-trx.80913/

Hellcat Forum Link: https://www.hellcatforum.org/threads/2nd-gen-ford-raptor-vs-ram-trx.7808/

2020 Ford Raptor in Rapid Red
Equipment Group 802A
Twin Panel Moon Roof
Carbon Fiber Package
Tailgate Step
17” Forged Aluminum Wheels
Second Row Heated Seats
Toughbed Spray In Liner

MSRP:
Raptor: $74,760
TRX: $89,215

HP/TQ
Raptor: 450/510
TRX: 702/650

Top Speed:
Raptor: 107mph
TRX: 118mph

0-60 Time:
Raptor: 5.5 Seconds
TRX: 4.5 Seconds

Quarter Mile:
Raptor: 13.9 Seconds at 99mph
TRX: 12.7 Seconds at 106.3mph

Fuel Economy:
Raptor: 15mph City/18mpg Highway
TRX: 10mpg City/14mpg Highway

Braking from 60 to 0 Miles per Hour
Raptor: 132ft
TRX: 130ft

Vehicle Weight:
Raptor: 5,700lbs
TRX: 6,800lbs

Length:
Raptor: 231.9”
TRX: 232.9”

Width:
Raptor: 86.3”
TRX: 88”

Height:
Raptor: 78.5”
TRX: 80.9”

Truck Bed:
Raptor 5.5ft
TRX: 5.7ft

Payload:
Raptor: 1,200lbs
TRX: 1,310lbs

Towing:
Raptor: 8,000lbs
TRX: 8,100lbs

Ground Clearance:
Raptor: 11.5”
TRX: 11.8”

Approach Angle:
Raptor: 30.2 Degrees
TRX: 30.2 Degrees

Breakover Angle:
Raptor: 21.8 Degrees
TRX: 21.9 Degrees

Departure Angle:
Raptor: 23 Degrees
TRX: 23.5 Degrees

Attachments

• TRX Build.pdf
    338.2 KB · Views: 14

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that info is well and good, but honestly the thing that sold me the most on the raptor, and people may blast me for it, are the looks of it. I find it more aesthetically pleasing and can tell the difference quite clearly from a raptor and a regular f-150 driving down the road. Granted I haven’t seen a trx in person and I also think they are cool looking trucks and I considered a Rebel a couple years back, but I don’t think I’d there is enough of a visual difference between the trx and a traditional Ram in my opinion. I think raptors are the best looking trucks out there.

@Gsteve some on here will blast you for that but I agree. It was tough shelling out 200-350 a month in gas to daily drive it and realized a commuter car would save me some wear and tear and maybe a few cents at the end of the month.

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
The other aspect, if you care, is the ram interior is miles ahead of everything else with a bed. It’s close to a nice German sedan.

Once Ford steps it up the Raptor will be the ticket. I love the look of the raptor and everything else, even fine with the V6, but the interior needs a big upgrade.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The other aspect, if you care, is the ram interior is miles ahead of everything else with a bed. It’s close to a nice German sedan.

Once Ford steps it up the Raptor will be the ticket. I love the look of the raptor and everything else, even fine with the V6, but the interior needs a big upgrade.
I like the 2021 F150 interior better than Ram's interior.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of us like to garage our trucks. In the morning, it’s nice to have a warm/cool truck to get into. Plus, the security also. I think the TRX will barely fit in my garage. Maybe, not at all.

Fuel is the killer for me. I would run 94. If my calculations are correct, we would pay the equivalent of $5US a gallon (about $1.33CND/litre current costs) The TRX burps at the gas station lol

I don’t expect to see many TRX in Canada. Our market, is about a tenth of the US market. When I was going a job for GM, 90 out of 100 trucks built in Oshawa went south of the border.

The TRX is for a collector with money to spare, IMO. I don’t expect that a TRX owner will put many miles on or exploit it’s off-road capability(much like most Raptor owners). The Raptor is great in every aspect - DD, off-road hooning, medium duty work truck etc.

I’ve lusted over the Raptor since 2010 and unfortunately the TRX is late to the game. I honestly believe that the TRX will only be around for a couple years. With all the hybrid and EV tech coming out, the TRX is a dinosaur lol

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRX is an amazing truck for sure and probably fun as hell to drive .

But not my thing. Actually, I don’t like the Ram brand. I don’t know if it’s the people I’ve met who drive them or their marketing. Gets under my skin

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of us like to garage our trucks. In the morning, it’s nice to have a warm/cool truck to get into. Plus, the security also. I think the TRX will barely fit in my garage. Maybe, not at all.

Fuel is the killer for me. I would run 94. If my calculations are correct, we would pay the equivalent of $5US a gallon (about $1.33CND/litre current costs) The TRX burps at the gas station lol

I don’t expect to see many TRX in Canada. Our market, is about a tenth of the US market. When I was going a job for GM, 90 out of 100 trucks built in Oshawa went south of the border.

The TRX is for a collector with money to spare, IMO. I don’t expect that a TRX owner will put many miles on or exploit it’s off-road capability(much like most Raptor owners). The Raptor is great in every aspect - DD, off-road hooning, medium duty work truck etc.

I’ve lusted over the Raptor since 2010 and unfortunately the TRX is late to the game. I honestly believe that the TRX will only be around for a couple years. With all the hybrid and EV tech coming out, the TRX is a dinosaur lol

kinda agree. With 1000hp Hummers and Cyber trucks, the TRX represents something that is dying off. But I would still prefer that to EV any day