Ford Gen3 Raptor and it's future- R's in greater #'s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't think the R is going to be worth it over the normal truck.

Yeah, the R needs to exist just to fill in the gap and have a real product competitor against the TRX, but as a consumer, I won't need it.

After watching the C8 Z06 reveal, I'd rather spend my $$ on that for the purposes of having a fast car. I'll keep my raptor for snowy days and the winter, but the summer fast car will be the corvette.

Maybe, for the super rich out there, you can have them both, but I don't think I can - for now...

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I bought a C8 ZO6 my ‘Raptor’ probably would be a white XL F-150 with some coilovers thrown on with what money I had left. That car will be awesome however. Wait that might not be a bad idea.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I bought a C8 ZO6 my ‘Raptor’ probably would be a white XL F-150 with some coilovers thrown on with what money I had left. That car will be awesome however. Wait that might not be a bad idea.
C8 is the best thing they built since the 60's, but when I retire to the OBX in a couple of years, it is very likely that my Raptor will become a Bronco 2dr softtop and a XL, unless I can get my hands on an R.

Last edited:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love an R. However, I have no doubt that it will be well out of my price range after the ADMs are added. Dealers asking the $35k to $60k ADMs for the 37" package will seem reasonable compared to what the ADM for the Raptor R will come in at. Especially if the commodities continue to be an issue to 2023.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would love an R. However, I have no doubt that it will be well out of my price range after the ADMs are added. Dealers asking the $35k to $60k ADMs for the 37" package will seem reasonable compared to what the ADM for the Raptor R will come in at. Especially if the commodities continue to be an issue to 2023.

Yup, hence my Bronco/XL plan

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my plan... for what it's worth (I know, not much). I have two orders for 37s on the books, both unscheduled/clean near the top of my dealers (high volume, quite a few allocations) list. One with Recaros and one without. Just to circumvent the potential commodity shortage delay on that seat package. Hopefully, I will be in the next few rounds of scheduling. The dealer has agreed let me choose no matter how far apart they show up because they know they can get over MSRP for either. Both are MSRP deals for me.

I originally thought I was going to sell the Gen 1 but the wife and I agreed we aren't willing to part with it. So, I am going to have to rearrange my garage so both will fit.

So, I am also #1 on my dealers list for the "R" should it come to be. I feel confident that it will because I saw a mule in Breckenridge last month. It was certainly a V8. Couldn't tell if it was forced induction or not. Couldn't get that close. I am ok with a reasonable ADM on that because of the limited availability and my dealer has been taking VERY good care of me. I will likely make up some of the difference when I sell the Gen3 37.

The moral of that story is.... I really don't have anything to lose in the deal.